2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
See my last post Fergie was always going to make some mistakes in the transfer market, with loads of money to spend.
Serious question, do you think Howard would have lasted 10 yrs at one of the other top prem clubs the big 6 if you like.
Fergie’s Howard was
Moyes’s Koldrup
He made no mistake grabbing Rooney for peanuts then offloading his deadbeats over to us you mean.....

No I am not saying he should have stuck with Howard what I am saying is every manager gets it wrong at times like Kendall got it wrong with Jim Arnold but got it right with Southall (given time). Howard was a decent keeper for us for a number of years only we kept him too long.
I disagree
Lampards winner in 2009 was the final straw for me, sadly I had to watch him fir another 6 years.

He was part of those defences, yet he's the only one people make excuses for, it's happening for England now aswell where he's playing behind the best defenders this country has to offer.

Point with Kirkland was he too like Jordan was overhyped too early got a big move and surprise surprise couldn't live up to it because he simply wasn't anything special, injury prone or not

Jeez I'm not making excuses for Pickford being part of our defence that was shoddy all round, I'm saying that Burnley has a really well organized defence that makes every part of it look better and that it's unfair to compare anyone in their defence without pointing that out.

Kirkland was seriously perma-crocked at Them, nobody knows what he would have been like without injuries. You're making me defend one of their players, please stop it! :Blink:lol

Didn’t have a great game. The singling out of him amongst a shower of awful performances last night was not justified.

Currently a good keeper (not a great one yet), but young and with lots of potential.

Let’s not hound him out just yet.

Personally half-hope he gets dropped or picks up a knock so he doesn’t carry the can of criticism when England get knocked out.

Didn’t have a great game. The singling out of him amongst a shower of awful performances last night was not justified.

Currently a good keeper (not a great one yet), but young and with lots of potential.

Let’s not hound him out just yet.

Personally half-hope he gets dropped or picks up a knock so he doesn’t carry the can of criticism when England get knocked out.

Agree with all this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back