Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are forgetting we are an entirely different proposition now than we were 1 months ago.

What we are offering our targets now compared to then is as different as chalk and cheese.

We don't appear to be a different proposition when it comes to getting deals done though.

I appreciate trying to convince better quality players to join us when we have no European football and an 11th place league finish is a challenge, but we do seem top class at dragging things out longer than necessary with the end result being those players going elsewhere.

We don't appear to be a different proposition when it comes to getting deals done though.

I appreciate trying to convince better quality players to join us when we have no European football and an 11th place league finish is a challenge, but we do seem top class at dragging things out longer than necessary with the end result being those players going elsewhere.

If it's Elstone sorting out deals for players then it doesn't surprise me.

People saying he'll go to Stoke, when the other day saying he'll be waiting for a massive club? Make up your minds.

69370611.jpg

I'm not discounting how hard it is but the attractions relative to a year ago are huge and compare very favourably certainly with Stoke.

There's also the prospect of being part of the NW power house of Man U, Man C, Liverpool and ourselves. That's how we are pitching ourselves, and I'm totally convinced it will work.

I'm not discounting how hard it is but the attractions relative to a year ago are huge and compare very favourably certainly with Stoke.

There's also the prospect of being part of the NW power house of Man U, Man C, Liverpool and ourselves. That's how we are pitching ourselves, and I'm totally convinced it will work.

Surely we should be selling the club on it's own merits, not on the fact that it's in the vicinity of a group of clubs that are light years ahead of us?

I'm all for the new found optimism that appears to be sweeping through the club, talks of a new stadium, links with big money signings, probably smashing our wage bill to pieces etc. etc, but let's be honest Koeman was an underwhelming appointment for me and from the outside we're experiencing the same struggles to complete deals that we always have. I know Koeman was Moshiri's number one target and he went all out to get him and got his way in the end, but it was still underwhelming irrespective of that.

Surely we should be selling the club on it's own merits, not on the fact that it's in the vicinity of a group of clubs that are light years ahead of us?

I'm all for the new found optimism that appears to be sweeping through the club, talks of a new stadium, links with big money signings, probably smashing our wage bill to pieces etc. etc, but let's be honest Koeman was an underwhelming appointment for me and from the outside we're experiencing the same struggles to complete deals that we always have. I know Koeman was Moshiri's number one target and he went all out to get him and got his way in the end, but it was still underwhelming irrespective of that.

what you doing posting sensible stuff?

i agree with what you say though.

Not for me he wasn't.

I was delighted with the appointment. The pipe dream of Mourinho aside he's exactly who I wanted.

We're selling the Everton 'project' at the minute, as much as I hate the phrase in football, it's where we are at. New funding, potential new stadium and a historic club that the new owner wants to put back at the top table of English football. We can't offer CL football this season, but we can sell the vision that the owner has for the club, a vision that he's prepared to back with cold hard cash.

We're proper crap at transfers aren't we?

Ah well.

On the side issue of Koeman, he's underwhelming in terms of who he is, but the way we got him - bullying another club and offering big wedge to do so - was very much not underwhelming.

I had hoped that signalled our intent, but instead it looks like we're our usual dithering useless selves. So much for getting things done early and having a right crack at things...

Also, I don't actually believe any of the above, it's still early July, the Euros have just finished and I fully expect things to gather pace over the next 7 to 14 days. Stop bedwetting ffs.

We're proper crap at transfers aren't we?

Ah well.

On the side issue of Koeman, he's underwhelming in terms of who he is, but the way we got him - bullying another club and offering big wedge to do so - was very much not underwhelming.

I had hoped that signalled our intent, but instead it looks like we're our usual dithering useless selves. So much for getting things done early and having a right crack at things...

Also, I don't actually believe any of the above, it's still early July, the Euros have just finished and I fully expect things to gather pace over the next 7 to 14 days. Stop bedwetting ffs.

Hahahahahah proper got me with that.

No-No-No-Cat-Meme-09.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back