Just for fun......Our Own Class Of 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

messymascot

Player Valuation: £35m
I was thinking about our youngsters the other day and how it would be good if we somehow managed our own version. The similarities of some of the players is uncanny

Gary Neville = Jonjoe Kenny
Right back who can also played centre back but is more suited as full back due to lack of height. Also captain material

Phil Neville = Callum Connolly
Right footed left back who is versatile enough to cover most of the defensive positions.

Nicky Butt = Tom Davies
Defensive midfielder who has knack of chipping in with odd goal here and there.

Paul Scholes = Liam Walsh
Tenacious central midfielder whose main quality is his passing ability.

David Beckham = Kieran Dowell
Great passer and crosser of ball also set piece expert. Lacks pace but makes up for it with speed of thought.

Ryan Giggs = Ross Barkley
Player who was a couple of years older than the others but spotted as a potential talent from very young age. Crowd sometimes gets on his back when things go wrong due to the level of expectancy (Giggs went thru this many years ago)!

We've probably also got our own Chris Casper, Ben Thorniley, Terry Cooke, Simon Davis, John O'Kane, Robbie Savage equivalents in our academy those that will have to go elsewhere or just not be good enough!

Last edited:
I pity some of the youngsters coming through, looking at how one of the most talented players to have come through has been treated by some of our fans. We do not offer a good platform for them. Too impatient. Not all youngsters can have the impact of a Rooney.
A lot of modern evertonians are uttter helmets . We have a very bi polar fan base I'm afraid .

We slate the kopites but we act the same in so many ways . Apart from demolishing walls

@catcherintherye @blueloon @Barnfred 55

Lets ask our youth team experts...

@messymascot I dont think Koeman wants to develop the youth and would prefer to go with experience. Interestingly the players you mention have all got minutes for us...

What we seem to lack are wingers and forwards coming through, United were devastating on the counter with Giggs, Sharpe and Kanchelskis and at the moment weve only had Deulofeu whose looked at that level a year ago.

Hopefully Unsworth keeps doing well and is our next manager so we see these lads in the team consistently and not dropped after a man of the match performance (Holgate)!

I pity some of the youngsters coming through, looking at how one of the most talented players to have come through has been treated by some of our fans. We do not offer a good platform for them. Too impatient. Not all youngsters can have the impact of a Rooney.

I think alot has to do with the managers media comments, Martinez kept saying Barkley was world class and Koeman treats him like a stray dog.

Was a different story in the Norwich game under Unsworth when all the young lads were praised.

I think alot has to do with the managers media comments, Martinez kept saying Barkley was world class and Koeman treats him like a stray dog.

Was a different story in the Norwich game under Unsworth when all the young lads were praised.
Unsworth didn't start Barkley

Yeah, we offer a terrible platform. The player you are referring to has played over 100 games for us, is almost 23 and gets paid a huge wedge by the club every week.

Nobody should be immune to criticism regardless of where they learned their trade.

I was thinking about our youngsters the other day and how it would be good if we somehow managed our own version. The similarities of some of the players is uncanny

Gary Neville = Jonjoe Kenny
Right back who can also played centre back but is more suited as full back due to lack of height. Also captain material

Phil Neville = Callum Connolly
Right footed left back who is versatile enough to cover most of the defensive positions.

Nicky Butt = Tom Davies
Defensive midfielder who has knack of chipping in with odd goal here and there.

Paul Scholes = Liam Walsh
Tenacious central midfielder whose main quality is his passing ability.

David Beckham = Kieran Dowell
Great passer and crosser of ball also set piece expert. Lacks pace but makes up for it with speed of thought.

Ryan Giggs = Ross Barkley
Player who was a couple of years older than the others but spotted as a potential talent from very young age. Crowd sometimes gets on his back when things go wrong due to the level of expectancy (Giggs went thru this many years ago)!

We've probably also got our own Chris Casper, Ben Thorniley, Terry Cooke, Simon Davis, John O'Kane, Robbie Savage equivalents in our academy those that will have to go elsewhere or just not be good enough!

I would just take any one of our players listed having a career half as good as any of those main players. Even the worst one in Phil Neville will probably have a career none of our players will match.

Koeman has defended Barkley Zat

Status
Not open for further replies.