Keshi blasts Yobo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpys top lip

Player Valuation: £60m
Former Nigerian International Stephen Keshi believes Joseph Yobo failed to bring proper leadership to the Nigeria squad during the recent African Cup of Nations.

With Nwankwo Kanu injured for the majority of the tournament, Everton's Yobo took the captain's armband. However, Keshi was far from impressed with the way Yobo led his troops.

He said: "This team will go down as the worst Super Eagles ever assembled by Nigeria. Nigeria have never had it this bad against Ghana in any major competition. We played without any discerning pattern. No style, no tactics.

"What really went wrong in the defence was simply a communication gap. The defence was not communicating. Nobody was talking to one another. There was simply no leader in the team."

Keshi continued: "During my days in the Eagles, I was always talking to the defenders as well as the entire team. After me, came Sunday Oliseh. He did the job well. That was what Didier Drogba does in the Ivory Coast side and Rigobet Song in the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon. Having a leader in a team is important as having a good coach. I would have expected Yobo to do that but he wasn’t."

What do you think?? is that fair comment?? I never saw enough of nigeria to really have an opinion.

Is Yobo that sort of player, you dont really see him having a go at any one in blue.Would he be a choice for everton captin??

Big fan of Yobo, but i can see that happening in fairness altohough i only saw a couple of Nigeria games. Yobo is a great individual defender but communicating and leading the back four is not one of his strong points.

I think its fair to say that Jags and he together put in some pretty poor performences when they played together. You can seethe difference in Jags performences since Yobo left with Lescott taking control of the back four and communicating.

Still a top man though!

There's always someone having a go at someone else to get their name in the limelight and say "look at me."

This is one of those times.

I could care less if Yobo is "vocal" or not with Nigeria.

Fact is that he's a rock for Everton, pure and simple.

Don't change a thing Joey.

There's always someone having a go at someone else to get their name in the limelight and say "look at me."

This is one of those times.

I could care less if Yobo is "vocal" or not with Nigeria.

Fact is that he's a rock for Everton, pure and simple.

Don't change a thing Joey.

Could not have put it better TX, I bet the one doing the moaning was dropped or played like [Poor language removed](n)

It's like having Oscar Wilde and Morrissey in the same room... I'm so out of my depth here.

Actually, I think I'll be Johnny Marr.

Haven't written much good since 1985, but bloody hell I think I have...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back