2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't see Sheedy, Morrissey, Dave Thomas, or the World Cup WINNER, Ray Wilson I take it?
Only Sheedy to be honest and yes he was awesome no doubt. Baines was immense in his peak though
You may be right about the others and I was being presumtious or indeed dismissive when I said 'in our history' I admit. I guess I fell for the trap that if we go back far enough sport's science gives modern players an unassailable advantage, but that's just theoretical. I have of course heard of Ray Wilson but can't say I saw him play. Where might you put Baines on the list of left sided players in our actual history out of interest?

Back on topic can anyone explain to me how Kev and the boys have allowed us to get to the third game of the season with zero forwards? Anyone?
Seems the club was more than happy to write off a 10th of the season. Crazy really when you know you're going to be deep in a relegation fight. If we do go down, they'll regret this and will hopefully pay for it with their jobs, not that they'll care mind you as they'll be paid off in full. They only losers, as always, will be the fans.

Baines was a good player and a great servant to the club but -

Kevin Sheedy - 2 league titles, 1 cup winners cup

Leighton Baines -
Comparing team honours when comparing individual players doesn't tell the whole story.
It's like saying someone like Le Tissier is trash because he didn't when anything, when he was better than other players who had lots of team honours.

Only Sheedy to be honest and yes he was awesome no doubt. Baines was immense in his peak though
You may be right about the others and I was being presumtious or indeed dismissive when I said 'in our history' I admit. I guess I fell for the trap that if we go back far enough sport's science gives modern players an unassailable advantage, but that's just theoretical. I have of course heard of Ray Wilson but can't say I saw him play. Where might you put Baines on the list of left sided players in our actual history out of interest?
Definitely behind Sheedy, Dave Thomas and Morrissey.
I was only a young lad when Wilson was nearing the end of his time at Everton, but people who know far more than me rated him as World class.
No doubt Baines was a good player and servant for Everton and I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be on the list.

The incoming have been good. It's also not Thelwell's fault that Lampard didn't start Rondon against villa. Money is clearly tight, so there is no margin for error. Diaz from Blackburn looks like a great signing if it comes off.

The incoming have been good. It's also not Thelwell's fault that Lampard didn't start Rondon against villa. Money is clearly tight, so there is no margin for error. Diaz from Blackburn looks like a great signing if it comes off.

It’s entirely Thelwell’s fault that Lampard’s only striking option was Salomon Rondon.

Status
Not open for further replies.