Kim Shin Wook

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do so a lot of koreans in swansea since they signed ki sun yeung, a lot i see wearing his name on the bak of the shirts when they walk past my house for what probably is the only football match they'll ever watch. It's crazy fair play, but would be a good market

Remember when we were sponsored by Keijan and some no-mark Chinese player turned up the next day? Maybe this will lead to a tasty Samsung (is Chelsea really helping their image?) or Hyundai sponsorship?

I thought Li Tie was alright, even Li Weifeng was ok but couldn't speak a word of English.

I can't say I know anything much about the player but since 2002 I've noticed how technically good and comfortable on the ball the South Koreans are.

As others have said, could be a cash cow as well, but China could have been with Li Tie.

Hi Dae Bak,

You make a valid point re: marketing, club's image etc. I was working in Korea for a year (until last May) and yes the Premier League is big, at least 90% if the people I chatted with about football knew who Everton are and yes generally a favourable impression. There's certainly money to be made from Korea, possible investor too (wishful thinking).

and yes .. one of those lovely K-Pop boy bands half time show to entertain those bad lads in the Gwladys :)

bring the lad here for a trial at least.

Hi, Thanks for reply I really hope to Everton get invest money from Korea. The team needs to pioneer the market that possibly help the budget situation.

I hate when people assume Asian players are nobodies. Yet say a guy like Vellios, who barely gets a call up for his country much less first team chances here is "raring to go". I've seen this guy play a few times, the first time I saw him he was subbed in late against Japan during the 2011 asian cup. Absolutely destroyed our defense, he's deceptively fast and quick. We actually had to sub in another Defense mid to help marking him. The guy in charge of marking him was Maya Yoshida(Current 1st team Southampton CB), It was a bad game for him. But very unlucky not to have a goal. He would be a good signing as he was first deployed as a CB up until recently in his career. I would rather have Lee Keun Ho, Son Heung Min, or Nam Tae Hee if we were to buy a Korean striker.

If the Chinese No Mark you are referring to is Li Tie, take the guy now. Li Tie was a mainstay in the team and would have remained so but for injury blighting his career. There was another guy who came as part of the deal who never got a look in.

Li Weifeng

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back