Kit for 24/25

I think we all do. The next ticking clock is on the shirt sponsor (I know people hate Stake). All the premier league teams have signed up to getting rid of betting shirt sponsors by the start of the 26/27 season, Stake pay us around £10m a season. Arsenal get £60m annually for the combined shirt and stadium sponsorship. Im not saying we could get that, unless the sponsor is linked to the new owners, but would have thought we could get £30m a season
You'd hope so, that combined with the 20m from Castore would be great for us.. also is there money to be made from the development that's planned at goodison?

Just seen that a TEMPORARY board leading the commercial team have negotiated close to 20 million pounds per year out of Castore.

Couple of points...

1. Will fans now stop crying about a kit manufacturer? We're skint, and that's a really fantastic deal for a club that's performing the way we've been.
  2. Does ANYBODY still think that Kenwright and his cronies were "revered" and his lovely CEO was "The best in the business"
  3. She negotiated a multi year deal with Hummel for half of what Castore are paying, failed to grow commercially beyond Usmanov linked companies, crowed about irrelevant business awards and negotiated her own payoff. Nice work if you can get it, eh? The tit.

No
No
Actually not bad at all negotiating from a weak position, considering she was in a headlock

I just feel crappy about it. Listen I dont think Hummel ever did as good as they could have in terms of designs. Stake didnt help in that regard either to be fair. But Castore is just crappy. They just make horribly rudimentary poor quality kits. If the funds are as reported fair enough but as a fan theres no way im aesthetically excited for this pairing. I dont think I'd be buying a kit anyway but still I feel bad for the kids and a little cringe I will be watching them play in what will likely be boring kits.

You'd hope so, that combined with the 20m from Castore would be great for us.. also is there money to be made from the development that's planned at goodison?

Not much, unlike London where the land itself would be worth millions, there isn’t really the money in it. The club did release some details on this years ago that there would be a mix of 173 houses and apartments, a park and community health centre, educational facilities and community led retail and office space.

I just feel crappy about it. Listen I dont think Hummel ever did as good as they could have in terms of designs. Stake didnt help in that regard either to be fair. But Castore is just crappy. They just make horribly rudimentary poor quality kits. If the funds are as reported fair enough but as a fan theres no way im aesthetically excited for this pairing. I dont think I'd be buying a kit anyway but still I feel bad for the kids and a little cringe I will be watching them play in what will likely be boring kits.

I don't feel good about moving to Castore but The Adventures of Stevie V put it best:

Money talks, mm-hmm, money talks
Dirty cash, I want you, dirty cash, I need you, oh.

Along with this deal, if we can finish where we actually would have without the points deduction, the saving of Dele and Gomes' wages, then we have a good 35 million swing to a more positive acounting position for the year.

I don't feel good about moving to Castore but The Adventures of Stevie V put it best:

Money talks, mm-hmm, money talks
Dirty cash, I want you, dirty cash, I need you, oh.

Along with this deal, if we can finish where we actually would have without the points deduction, the saving of Dele and Gomes' wages, then we have a good 35 million swing to a more positive acounting position for the year.
Seem to be saying the same every year sadly. Next year we’ll have such and such off our books and it will save us so much money. If only the recruitment was better and we signed players of better quality, who other teams actually wanted, instead of signing players on huge contracts, who contribute little and are allowed to run their contracts down.

Castore are also supplying to teams overseas like Feyenoord and other sports like Red Bull Racing. So they can't be all crap. So I assume the issues with the wet shirts were a one off

For any cricket fans out there, look at the job Castore did with the England cricket kits last year for the ashes, they were beautiful & the players personally requested bucket hats which ended up being very high demand from fans, you couldn’t even buy one they were sold out. I love Castore’s clothes, I’ve worn the brand daily for many years, I think they’ll design a lot of stuff that fans will wanna wear, smart training gear & polos etc.

At the end of the day though the money was the kicker for most fans, to go from 8 million per year to 20 million is a massive success not matter who manufactures the kit.

For any cricket fans out there, look at the job Castore did with the England cricket kits last year for the ashes, they were beautiful & the players personally requested bucket hats which ended up being very high demand from fans, you couldn’t even buy one they were sold out. I love Castore’s clothes, I’ve worn the brand daily for many years, I think they’ll design a lot of stuff that fans will wanna wear, smart training gear & polos etc.

At the end of the day though the money was the kicker for most fans, to go from 8 million per year to 20 million is a massive success not matter who manufactures the kit.

I don't believe the quoted figures until I see the money in Everton's bank account

There are people in Everton that have a track record of exaggerating these deals. They did so with Stake

Plus many other instances

If they say £20 million per year. I say show us the evidence. That is their track record 👇

They are liberal with the truth!

That deal and the claims within it isn't verified

The club has made wild claims before to the media and that has subsequently been proven to be false

Until it's verified and we see the money landing into the club, I don't believe the figures

Illustrations of the wild claims included Denise Barrett-Baxendale agreeing a "fixed cost" contract to build Bramley Moore Dock. The cost went from £505 million to more than £760 million. So not "fixed cost"

View attachment 260734
Source of quotes: The Times, August 2022

Castore are also supplying to teams overseas like Feyenoord and other sports like Red Bull Racing. So they can't be all crap. So I assume the issues with the wet shirts were a one off
If they are a moderately competent outfit, you’d think that they’ll realise that they need to turn around the dreadful PR of that Villa shirt farce this season.

Here’s hoping they pull out all the stops in terms of quality and attention to detail for this coming season’s kits.

It's obvious that Castore was planning to partner with the mighty Ev. They spent last year trailing product with lower level PL clubs before making their big announcement with us!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back