Kone Signs on 3 Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit harsh to judge him so far, how many minutes has he even played? Johnny Heitinga was the worst signing for me. Fraud of a 'hard-man' and on massive wages. Bily was a bad signing too.

I agree he was a fraud of a hard man but he played 140 games for everton and was player of the year one season. He cost similar money to Kone (admittedly before wages) so how is he a worse signing.

Bit harsh to judge him so far, how many minutes has he even played? Johnny Heitinga was the worst signing for me. Fraud of a 'hard-man' and on massive wages. Bily was a bad signing too.
Heitinga had 2 good seasons out of 4 and a half. I wasn't his biggest fan but he was decent for us. It's ridiculous to say he's a worse signing than Kone.

Whether its Kone's fault or not is irrelevant, truly dreadful signing, will go down as the worst in my memory if he never kicks a ball for us again. His highlights reel will be a laugh.

I agree he was a fraud of a hard man but he played 140 games for everton and was player of the year one season. He cost similar money to Kone (admittedly before wages) so how is he a worse signing.

Because he was [Poor language removed]. Kone hasn't really played yet, so impossible to judge. And he shouldn't have won player of the year either, Baines should have.

Because he was [Poor language removed]. Kone is hasn't really played yet, so impossible to judge. And he shouldn't have won player of the year either, Baines should have.

So someone who cost the same amount and played 140 games is a worse signing then somebody who has only played 6 and looks like he might be struggling to play for us again?

Ok mate sound

It's ridiculous to judge a player who has played less than 2 hours of football for us. We saw enough of Heitinga to know that he was [Poor language removed].

He played 2 hours in one game alone against Stevange (and was [Poor language removed]) never mind the rest of his appearances.

He was a poor signing before he even got injured and its only gotten worse since

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, yet as I have mentioned before it is completely irrelevant in real life scenarios and often misused.

People often confuse choice with destiny, and an eventual outcomes with fate. They are not one and the same.

Nobody on here or at the club KNEW Kone would be suffer such an injury. It was a possibility based on previous knowledge, but definitely not a certainty. Nobody knew that Kone would offer little in the games he did play. It was possibility, but again it was not a certainty (he did well for Martinez at Wigan).At the time, Martinez was confronted with a relatively weak front line and decided on a player he knew and trusted. That's a fair gamble in my eyes.

Unfortunately it didn't work out as planned due to an injury, so now it is easy to look back and criticise the decision. Without the injury he could have been a completely different player and may have contributed - yet that's just conjecture.

With regards to criticising his ability. Obviously you can only judge by what you've witnessed and experienced. Is it fair to be concerned after what we saw, especially after Stevenage? Yes! However, with such limited exposure you can't make a complete judgement, therefore stating that he's awful etc is unfair. Unfortunately for Kone, he hasn't had a chance to rectify these performances so the stigma has began to stick - I doubt the injury will help either.

He played 2 hours in one game alone against Stevange (and was [Poor language removed]) never mind the rest of his appearances.

He was a poor signing before he even got injured and its only gotten worse since

One game. And yes he was shocking. Yakubu was shocking against Borisov, but he still managed to have a decent career with us. Personally I don't rate him tbh, but to say he's one of our worst players in history after how minutes played is ridiculous. Judge him once he's had a run in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back