2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha there’s optimism and then there’s delusion, he’s not gonna pick here over a CL club that he says the aim was always to play for. Remember a Hazard-less Lampard managed club still attracted a Real Madrid midfielder and Dortmund winger
When did they do this. Pulisic was signed in January and kovacic was signed after a loan spell .

Hahahaha there’s optimism and then there’s delusion, he’s not gonna pick here over a CL club that he says the aim was always to play for. Remember a Hazard-less Lampard managed club still attracted a Real Madrid midfielder and Dortmund winger

No they didn't those players joined before Hazard left,let's see where Chelsea are at the end of this season

The club having spoken to him must be optimistic enough to make him a priority signing.

No they didn't those players joined before Hazard left,let's see where Chelsea are at the end of this season

In terms of time lines that is so but it was an open secret that Hazard was leaving indeed it has been reported that at the end of the 2017/18 season that he would be allowed to leave after one more season.

Indeed I always remember seeing on Sky an interview when Pulisic signed in a January and he talked about joining Chelsea and when he talked about players he mentioned was looking forward to playing with but what struck me then was not once did he mention Hazard as one of those players.

Are people really serious.
So Chelsea are going to start the season with 2 fit centre backs in Christensen and luiz while also having the cl to contend with and sell zouma so we can have competition for our own centre backs, while being banned from signing any players.

I mean lampard isn't the smartest guy in the world but get a grip lads.

Rudiger, luiz, Christensen, zouma, tomori and ampadu. So that means that if they sell zouma they still have 4 cb's till rudiger comes back fit.

The bigger question isn't why would they sell him it's why would they keep him? A 3rd or 4th choice cb that a team is happy to pay 30m for. Who is going to be upset sitting on the bench and loosing his spot in the national team with the euros coming up. While they have a ready made replacement for the 4th spot cb in the team with tomori (who lampard loves from derby) which would in turn raise his value and help him become a more valuable asset.

Also selling zouma would help with the home grown limit issue that they currently face.

Probably best not to come on here and patronise our fans. I get what you're saying, but saying our fans are delusional on this is a bit OTT.

Rudiger, luiz, Christensen, zouma, tomori and ampadu. So that means that if they sell zouma they still have 4 cb's till rudiger comes back fit.

The bigger question isn't why would they sell him it's why would they keep him? A 3rd or 4th choice cb that a team is happy to pay 30m for. Who is going to be upset sitting on the bench and loosing his spot in the national team with the euros coming up. While they have a ready made replacement for the 4th spot cb in the team with tomori (who lampard loves from derby) which would in turn raise his value and help him become a more valuable asset.

Also selling zouma would help with the home grown limit issue that they currently face.
Rudiger is injured
Luiz is old and only got a new contract due to the ban
Christensen is awful and would of gone if they had no ban
Ampadu is 18 and not good enough yet.
Tomori again unproven and untested in the league.

Rudiger is on a similar level to zouma after that there's a massive drop in quality. The fact you added 2 kids in there that rarley play says it all.

Rudiger is injured
Luiz is old and only got a new contract due to the ban
Christensen is awful and would of gone if they had no ban
Ampadu is 18 and not good enough yet.
Tomori again unproven and untested in the league.

Rudiger is on a similar level to zouma after that there's a massive drop in quality. The fact you added 2 kids in there that rarley play says it all.

Really struggling with your material these days Hav.

No one except Lampard fully knows who his first choice CBs are, the fact that Rudiger, Luiz and Christensen were ahead of him under Sarri means absolutely nothing. I think Lampard has even played with Zouma so he must be aware of his qualities, so you can’t say there’s “no chance”, for all we know Lampard may rate him as one of their best CBs.

Apart from Tomori, the young players you stated all played in midfield and if Azpi is no longer good enough at RB, he’ll most likely be dropped altogether since it makes no sense at all keeping someone not good enough in a team. Zouma’s made over 60 appearances for Chelsea so I have no idea why they would favour a player like Hector who probably isn’t close to being that standard and hasn’t made a single appearance for them

He may be signed permanently but to suggest he’s definitely 100% not in their plans based on assumptions doesn’t make sense to me

I'm not sure what context I said "no chance". What you say is right, that Lampard may take a huge leap and view Zouma as his number 1. In such a circumstance then it becomes more difficult for us to convince Zouma, of that I have no doubt.

I can't offer any confirmation of what Lampard thinks, that much is true. Objectively though I'd say it's unlikely. Rudiger is a lot better than him. He's a similar level to Christensen and Luiz, but they are both familiar to the team so they have that advantage. I think Azpilucueta is also at a similar level as him as a CB. Thats not to say he doesn't fit our system as well or better than the above, but at Chelsea that's more his level.

You also have to factor in, there are other factors than Lampard, particularly at Chelsea. Take Rooney and Everton. Even if Silva wanted to keep him, I sense the lad was gone. Brands had made his mind up. I think sections at Chelsea will have a similar view of Zouma. Consecutive managers have placed him well below the other 4 lads mentioned above. In their eyes, he would be interchangeable with Kalas or even Hector. You can't discount that process.

As for the younger players, I believe Clarke Salter and Tomori are both cb's. They also have an American international to come back. Reece James can also play centre back. Lampard is likely to want to promote younger players, so I'd be surprised if Zouma featured that high in his thoughts.

The wider point I'd make, is Chelsea are extremely well covered in the area and can easily afford to lose Zouma. There will also be sections of the club very keen on this. Lampard would have to make a big call to reverse this process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back