Lab grown diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deco

Player Valuation: £40m
Has anyone here had any experience buying lab grown diamonds, if so how do they compare to the "real thing"?

I'm looking for an engagement ring at the moment and I've seen these come up but I've never really considered them before so any insight would be really useful!

Also there will come a day when she uses the 'you couldn't even be arsed to buy me a real diamond' to score points in an argument.

That I can almost guarantee

lol you're right that's guaranteed! In this day and age there's a lot of talk around going with ethical options but I think I'll stick with the traditional diamonds. You can get them sourced from "ethical" parts of the world rather than war torn countries so I'll look for that instead.

Has anyone here had any experience buying lab grown diamonds, if so how do they compare to the "real thing"?

I'm looking for an engagement ring at the moment and I've seen these come up but I've never really considered them before so any insight would be really useful!
A lot of lab grown diamonds are virtually the same price as real ones now!

Have a look at Moissanite if you are budget conscious! Cannot be distinguished from diamond by the untrained eye. And even then only using hand lenses! More sparkle than diamond too!

Ooooooor. Get something else! Diamonds are a complete con. Falsely inflated prices. Go for a garnet or ruby, or emerald or something!

They're worth buying for the ethical concerns alone, but I think you can't really tell them apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back