Laptop Screen (tried sawdust from a range of woods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidy's Bottle Of Grecian

The Unobstructed View
The lads screen has this on it
DUe3dfBXUAEy6f3.jpg

it's there all of the time but as you can see the graphics are visible through it.
what is this phenomenon ?
is it in need of replacement ?
The cursor passes below it which I believe can be some sort of indication ?

I've tried all of the usual stuff ranging from sawdust, off & on again & removing a shoe and banging firmly oh the top.

DUe3dfBXUAEy6f3.jpg

it's there all of the time but as you can see the graphics are visible through it.

I've tried all of the usual stuff ranging from sawdust, off & on again & removing a shoe and banging firmly oh the top.
Have you rubbed the sawdust in a circular motion though?

Dead pixels that - it's probably been bashed by your lad and will almost certainly need replacing.

may have been bashed from behind when lid closed i.e. something dropped on it but doubt from in front, he's been playing games with settings right up & colours a bit bright imo.

He's just got a new 1 (Republic of Gamers) so my other lad has inherited it, decent laptop tbh, has geforce dedicated graphics but needs a new battery £12 & the panels are about £40.

meanwhile while he's up there with R.O.G., a Switch, Xbox one & youngest down here with that laptop & his xbox one I'm here on an arl thing thats still on vista, wont play vids on chrome any more & is all told a bag of cack.

DUe3dfBXUAEy6f3.jpg

As others have said it's been dropped.I lost 2 screens in about 3 months.Going to bed with headphones in and pulling the thing off the bed side table as I turned in my sleep.Cordless headphones was the answer for me.

Looks like it's been shut with a pen \ pencil in the way. Replace it. Not too difficult, it the cost doesn't out you off.

I replaced the screen on an old dell a few years back. Not a touchscreen mind but it was very easy to do. Bought a replacement off ebay.

Yep. It’s goosed mate, sorry. Looks like it’s been slammed shut in a rage

DUe3dfBXUAEy6f3.jpg

Have you got a monitor lying around? He could plug it into that if it's that much of pain, ok takes away from being able to have it on his lap but serves him right for not treating it nicely in the first place. However although it's not the smallest bit of damage I have seen it still looks fairly useable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back