Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario Terracotta

Player Valuation: £70m
Controversial one perhaps,
Latch a total predator in the Penalty area, he only really existed in there and I can't really recall him linking play up too much,I am probably incorrect but I can only recall him knocking one in from outside the area(Leicester away 5-1 1977?)played in some good sides and some poor teams in his seven year spell with us, close but never in a team that got over the line trophy wise unfortunately, he truly deserved something tangible from it.We all loved Latch back then.
Sharpy,our second highest goalscorer behind Dixie,although he spent three or four years longer with us than Latch(probably Latch would have had that record if he had a longer career with us),again played in some good(very good!!)sides and some poorish ones too, more of a scorer of great goals than a great goalscorer in my humble opinion, if it was instinctive,he would finish it, if Sharpy had time to think the chance could be gone!!Very good target man who could bring others into play superbly.
Personally I would go for Sharpy........just,others may well disagree but that's what it's all about eh?:)
Maybe our fine Mods would want to set a poll on this?

Jeez Dario!
That's like asking me to chose between my wife and my girlfriend. :confused:
I know Kev,it's horrendous to have to choose, but just thought I'd throw it out there, emotionally I would have gone for Latch,but Sharpys record in the big games swung it for me, but then again he had more opportunity to shine than Latch because in particular between 84-87 he played in a truly tremendous team.

Reactions: kev
Controversial one perhaps,
Latch a total predator in the Penalty area, he only really existed in there and I can't really recall him linking play up too much,I am probably incorrect but I can only recall him knocking one in from outside the area(Leicester away 5-1 1977?)played in some good sides and some poor teams in his seven year spell with us, close but never in a team that got over the line trophy wise unfortunately, he truly deserved something tangible from it.We all loved Latch back then.
Sharpy,our second highest goalscorer behind Dixie,although he spent three or four years longer with us than Latch(probably Latch would have had that record if he had a longer career with us),again played in some good(very good!!)sides and some poorish ones too, more of a scorer of great goals than a great goalscorer in my humble opinion, if it was instinctive,he would finish it, if Sharpy had time to think the chance could be gone!!Very good target man who could bring others into play superbly.
Personally I would go for Sharpy........just,others may well disagree but that's what it's all about eh?:)
Maybe our fine Mods would want to set a poll on this?
Do you remember when we beat the RS 1-0 at the pit in the League Cup? Gary Stevens scored late on with a long range shot. Didn’t Sharp have two easy chances to score just before and snatched at both of them?

Do you remember when we beat the RS 1-0 at the pit in the League Cup? Gary Stevens scored late on with a long range shot. Didn’t Sharp have two easy chances to score just before and snatched at both of them?
Yep,the one up at the deep end was the worst, he was round Grobelaar and had an open goal and somehow rolled it wide!!

Can remember one of them, one on one abt 10yds out, put a weak effort past the post.

Spencer gets away with it to be honest,he was truly horrific!!Far worse than Barlow or even Angell I thought, at least Stuey showed for us and occasionally caused problems with his pace,Joe-Max had a cracking song too;) lol

Yep Spencer really was the bottom of the barrel type of player. Barlow was dreadful but at least ran around and tried to cause the odd moment plus slotted the odd goal.

I know Kev,it's horrendous to have to choose, but just thought I'd throw it out there, emotionally I would have gone for Latch,but Sharpys record in the big games swung it for me, but then again he had more opportunity to shine than Latch because in particular between 84-87 he played in a truly tremendous team.
Agreed I think. Heart says big Bob, but head says Sharpy. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.