• Make every effort to console Son

• Focused on his own teammate and club

• Stay quiet

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatara

Player Valuation: £90m
Ive not really said anything about it until today.

My first reaction when Coleman was off consoling Son was utter bewilderment. Pick a top player in the league who has been considered a winning captain throughout a period of success...Terry, Keane, Gerrard, Vieira etc.

Could anyone imagine one of those players going into the opposition changing room and consoling a player who had reacted to something then chased a teammate and hacked him down from behind causing serious injury? Weve seen on camera how Keane stood up for teammates...our own Duncan Ferguson, Tim Cahill or others would never have done this imo

My next reaction was that if I was in Gomes situation and i had been injured in such a way, would i want my captain to be off consoling the opposition player...or to be going ballistic and getting in the fourth officials face + going in front of the cameras after the game and calling out the opposition team and being vocal in his support of me and the total injustice. Even using my injury to call out the VAR penalty and biased decisions against the club.

For me, and this is a personal view which i appreciate others may disagree with, I think this attitude of Colemans is nothing short of a disgrace and a total dereliction of duty to a teammate and to be honest a quite pitiful example of captaincy.

I understand hes also had a bad injury, i consider that to be totally irrelevant in this situation. Hes downplayed the whole incident by his behaviour and the narrative has become all about Son.

There is no leadership in this team and without a leader with a winning mentality the team is like a house of cards.

Brands doesnt only need to sign a new spine of a team for Silva, he needs to sign a backbone!

I would have been screaming at him calling him a ( can’t say on here) he went out to put one on Gomes . He might not have expected it to end the way he did but he lost his temper, lashed out , and now Gomes has his leg snapped in two. There was intent , even Sunday league players making challenges know if they’re going to get the ball. If you’re chasing someone there comes a point where you realise you’re not going to get it, the tackle was never “on” there was no chance at any time of him winning the ball. I would have been in his face making him feel as responsible as possible.

I think Sunday showed we have only one real leader in this group. He plays at left back and his name is LUCAS DIGNE. I thought Tosun was good too, he stayed with Gomes when a lot of the other players didnt/couldnt and christ he showed some passion with the goal. It was refreshing to see that from Everton players tbh.

We let it happen to ourselves by being too polite, we've got this self made image of being the peoples club which is noble and im sure every blue is proud of what we do in the community but can it really carry over the white line? I think we are just too nice on the field but Silva has to set the standard, he just quietly sulks, scratches his face and gets on with it when something goes wrong. The top managers wouldnt, not a chance Ferguson, Wenger , Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp etc would take it. Poch quickly out in the media defending Son, a clear message coming from spurs that it didnt warrant a red card. Everton say nothing. Red card gets overturned. Not as simple as that of course but we dont half make it easy.

Coleman is just a nice guy overall, He even donated to the Sean Cox fundraiser. He didn't have to but he did because he's a NICE guy. I have no problem with him doing it he's broke his leg himself so he feels its the right thing to do. You can all say I wish everyone got angry like Lucas Digne but does it really change anything in the grand scheme of things? Not really Gomes is still injured. Son isn't blameless and the media and Spurs twitter account have handled it pretty disgusting in this stitch up.

Coleman was first on the scene to Gomes and the one who literally screamed the emergency of it to the medical staff. After that Gomes doesn’t need his whole team standing around him, just one or 2 to talk to him as the doctors do their thing.

Talking to Son on the pitch was a personal gesture and nothing more. Talking to the Spurs team after would of course have been done with the consent of Management and none of us know what was said in our own changing room before it.

Tell you what, if somebody breaks my mates leg right in front of me, as a person who has in the recent past suffered a terrible leg break, and the media and whatever haven't got involved and I'm just going on whats in front of me.. I'm going to react however I think best not how a bunch of tough guys on the internet think I should.

Also, Coleman was the one taking charge of the situation when the referee and his assistant were stood around looking queasy. He was the one screaming at the medical staff to get over to him, he was the one walking round our players asking if they were ok.

To be fair I think what was weirder about Coleman consoling Son was that Seamus himself would have known how devastated Andre would be in the immediate aftermath of the injury.

I'm pretty sure no Irish players rushed in to console Neil Taylor and whisper nice things in his ear after he'd just wrecked the Irish national captain's leg.

We all know Seamus is a great lad, but I think he got this one wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.