Transfer Rumour Leander Dendoncker

Yes or No

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All about opinions isn’t it. Personally I don’t see any benefit in continuing with the strategy that got us into this mess in the first place and that’s exactly how I’d see this transfer. The arguments for signing him are pretty much exactly the same as they were for signing doucoure.

Doucoure can be excellent in the right set up as a box to box player. He's never had a competent CM (Gomes or Davies) or adaquate DM (Allan) next to him.

To me our mess is purely down to poor recruitment with no strategy and ridiculous wages.

Not convinced he solves the problem, which is that we can’t pass the ball.

I think we need the type of 6 who always offers themselves as an easy option in front of the defenders, then stays behind the ball as an option for the rest of the midfield, keeps the play ticking over and doesn’t lose it.

This much would improve all of the players around him no end.

Last edited:
This is exactly the kind of signing we will be desperate to get rid of in 2 years but we’ll be paying him more than he’s worth and no one will want him.
Easy solution to that, initial 2 year deal with option for 3rd if he does well enough

Not convinced he solves the problem, which is that we can’t pass the ball.

I think we need the type of 6 who always offers themselves as an easy option in front of the defenders, then stays behind the ball as an option for the rest of the midfield, keeps the play ticking over and doesn’t lose it.

This much would improve all of the players around him no end.
We need both, a destroyer and a deep lying play maker. Not convinced we won't end up with Winks.

Status
Not open for further replies.