Leandro Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this lad doing?

He's 23, and Bobby reckoned;

Martinez thinks Rodriguez can make an immediate impact in Everton's first team.

"He probably won't need time with the Under-21s because he has played enough games with his first team in Uruguay in a really competitive league," said the Spaniard.

Think it's fair to assume that they got this one wrong. If he was going to be a decent player for us we would have seen something of him by now.

Think we all know the score with this one - a punt that backfired.

Basically another Junior.

That said, he'd have to be Pele to dislodge Lukaku right now.

Thought he may have had injuries etc.

Was hopeful we could have someone else on the bench to make a difference. Niasse isn't a like for like for Lukaku, and we have no one else really...

Has looked decent in the U21s whenever I've seen clips of him or spoke to anyone who's watched the games. To me it sounds like just another classic case of Martinez chatting through his arse and expecting supporters not to pull him on it.

It's different a manager saying he believes in this young player and has high hopes he can breakthrough over the course of the season but he specifically said the lad had played lots of first team football was already ready to handle coming into our first team. He's either not watched the kid and outright lied when telling us he knew that he was good enough or there must be issues with him that are being kept behind closed doors.

Has looked decent in the U21s whenever I've seen clips of him or spoke to anyone who's watched the games. To me it sounds like just another classic case of Martinez chatting through his arse and expecting supporters not to pull him on it.

It's different a manager saying he believes in this young player and has high hopes he can breakthrough over the course of the season but he specifically said the lad had played lots of first team football was already ready to handle coming into our first team. He's either not watched the kid and outright lied when telling us he knew that he was good enough or there must be issues with him that are being kept behind closed doors.

I read that he was signed early and martinez was going to wait till this jan to bring him in but got him in summer so he could acclimatize.

said hes actually a player for next season too.

Think we all know the score with this one - a punt that backfired.

Basically another Junior.

That said, he'd have to be Pele to dislodge Lukaku right now.

That's good because Junior has just left the club but he has his worthy successor. His work is done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back