Lee Carsley new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
He deserves a new contract, but i'd like to think that we can find someone younger with a bit of passing ability to compete with him for that position.

And until that time, we have Cars, it's a no-brainer if you ask me, he might not have the legs in terms of speed, but he's still 'THE CLEAN UP MAN'

Sign him up again. He is still useful and until we get the next Pat Viera/Roy Keane he will do quite nicely.

Fully deserved, Cars has been pretty close to being our best player this season. We havent got anyone else in the squad who can do the job he does so until that happens he would be 1 of the 1st in my team every game

He deserves it although I don't want him to be starting regularly next season. Hopefully with an array of midfield and striking options we can move to 4-4-2. The defensive midfield is defo a position that needs strengthening. But having Carlsey's experience and workrate as backup will be perfect.

He deserves it although I don't want him to be starting regularly next season. Hopefully with an array of midfield and striking options we can move to 4-4-2. The defensive midfield is defo a position that needs strengthening. But having Carlsey's experience and workrate as backup will be perfect.

Why do we want to change a system that works for us?

tbh i dont see his worth, we need a much better replacement, its been said here before he is a workhorse that struggles to run now..there are better players out, plus he is ageing...this is not a good deal imo, just my 2cents...he has served with distinction but he is too old and too slow, he gets turned inside out most times against good opposition.

Take a quick look at our record this year and the amount of clean sheets we've put up.

That's where I see his worth.

Why do we want to change a system that works for us?

I'm not saying that I'm just saying we should buy a defensive midfielder capable of playing 4-4-2 so we always have the option. Whether we stick with 4-5-1 or try 4-4-2 I don't really care but its good to have both options.

i wouldnt put it down to carsley, tex, really i wouldnt, id put it down to our defence which at times has been solid, and some great displays by howard. Doesnt help that neville cant string any passes together lol

i wouldnt put it down to carsley, tex, really i wouldnt, id put it down to our defence which at times has been solid, and some great displays by howard. Doesnt help that neville cant string any passes together lol

I wouldn't put the majority of it on him to be sure. But he's certainly played his part in contributing to how we've done on the defensive side.

True on Neville.... Give Hibbert another run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back