Lehmann: sour grapes or poor sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty

Sack Sky and donate to GOT...donations are needed
Most of you will have seen Lehmann's reaction to young Vaughan's challenge yesterday but how many noticed his refusal to shake hands with the lad despite JV holding his hand out. We have already witnessed this players theatricals on more than one occasion this season, remember the Chelsea game. Is this arrogance becoming a trait with Arsenal, Wenger's reaction at the West Ham match to Alan Pardew. IMO the referee should have insisted that a shake took place, the do so in boxing after all is said and done.

What degree of sportsmanship is being shown to our youngsters, each and every young player has a role model to which they attached aspirations and desires, I hope not many have chosen that sour grapes idiot Lehmann, or should that be sour Kraut:angry: :angry: :angry:

booking for unsporting behaviour? why not? don't know what he was complaining about. vaughan clearly got the ball.

booking for unsporting behaviour? why not? don't know what he was complaining about. vaughan clearly got the ball.

You can be booked for celebrating a last minute match winning goal but get off scot free for being a bad sport, it is ludicrous:angry: :angry: :angry:

Lehman's reaction was unbeleivable as a keeper myself, I expect to get kicked, smacked and generally beaten up every game, lehman is involved in one 50-50 and he cries like a baby, not only that but kicks the lad too!

I hope Everton complain about the incident and make an example of the cry baby bad sport that is lehman and arsenal.

If you want to talk of goalkeepers [Poor language removed] Lehman what about Tim some great saves there. Do we agree it was a good move to get him? Let's be honest as well, him playing for us as first choice in the prem can only do him the world of god in the eyes of the USA selectors. Keep it Tim.

Lehman's reaction was unbeleivable as a keeper myself, I expect to get kicked, smacked and generally beaten up every game, lehman is involved in one 50-50 and he cries like a baby, not only that but kicks the lad too!

I hope Everton complain about the incident and make an example of the cry baby bad sport that is lehman and arsenal.

Such are the rules of the prem you can't appeal/complain about a wellow card, prick if you do and prick if you don't. Its things like this that allows the game to degenerate into farcial scenarios that allow the Lehmanns of this world to get away with bad sportsmanship. What will youngsters want to aspire to when they see that kind of petty [Poor language removed] permitted on the pitch yet a goal celebration count for nothing. The only bonus is that players now need 10 yellow cards before suspension.

A thought just crossed my mind, could the ref have been instructed to 'go easy' on Arsenal players after the Carling Cup final debacle:dodgy: :dodgy: :dodgy:

I saw it as well Monty, i couldn't believe that he refused his offer of a handshake, to react like that to a 17 year old was a [Poor language removed] disgrace, you could clearly see the dissapointment and bewilderment on Vaughan's face, in the long run such a snub can only help him to toughen up to the realities of the premiership.
In complete contrast did you also see, when Lehmann and Vaughan tangled, the goalie got to his feet and looked like he was going to have a real go at Vaughan only for an Arsenal player to intervene ( i wish i remembered who he was ), my first thought at seeing that was of complete admiration for the player, whoever he was, he clearly didn't want a kid a youngster verbally abused like that, that player deserves a pat on the back.
Lehmann could learn a lot from his team-mate.

Ps, There was [Poor language removed] all wrong with the tackle in the first place !

So okay you want to discuss some bleeding Arsenal player in the blue room and ignore my post.

Bollocks to that we should be talking about Blue players like Tim Ho in the blue room.

i can't help but feel that he is going to be clobbered by someone before he retires. it would have been great if it was ferguson.

So okay you want to discuss some bleeding Arsenal player in the blue room and ignore my post.

Bollocks to that we should be talking about Blue players like Tim Ho in the blue room.

Chill out Robert, we are talking about an incident from the game, nothing wrong with that, it was a talking point.
Howard's performance has been mentioned in the match thread.

While Lehmann overracts on a regular basis, it's what I expected from him. I was bother by the fact that he wouldn't shake Vaughan's extended hand after the ref called them together. There's no call for that.

While Lehmann overracts on a regular basis, it's what I expected from him. I was bother by the fact that he wouldn't shake Vaughan's extended hand after the ref called them together. There's no call for that.

Thats my point from the outset, ironically we get two booked for a goal celebration while that tosser/prima donna gets off scot free, what sort of roll model is he, a bit like Wenger actually:dodgy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back