Leicester City v Everton. 16th August at 15.00.

Who shall prosper

• Der Foxes

Votes: 19 4.2%
  • Der Toffees

Votes: 315 69.5%
  • Crap draw that lad

Votes: 119 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you mate, but Mirallas and Lukaku need to ready.

That team without Barkley is good enough to beat Leicester.

True. I'm in two minds actually as we do have decent cover there ... but I also would like to see us strengthen in that department. Our cover is mostly people from other preferred positions coming in to cover (Besic, Mirallas etc.). I think even with a healthy Barkley another "pure" attacking mid could be in order.

Really weird pre-season thus far. It's been fairly horrible (aside from, you know, that whole signing Lukaku ... and Besic ... and contracts).

Hopefully the doubtful three will be okay.

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Naismith Pienaar

Lukaku

Subs: Robles, Gibson, McGeady, Besic, Atsu, Osman, Stones.

Injured: Oviedo, Kone, Barkley.

Barkelys injury insn´t a distaster. Naismith carries just as much goal threat from playing off the striker, if not the ability to drive with the ball like Barkley.

It´s who´s gonna play up top that´s the problem. I suppose Lukaku will have to play now.

The biggest worry now is the "if" category is getting bigger and bigger.

If lukaku, mirallas and coleman don't play we are looking at a pretty awful team for the first game of the season. If that is the case will naismith play a lone striker role with besic coming in and making a 3 man midfield with pienaar and mcgeady wide.

If atsu is fit enough to start does he play and then move pienaar in more centrally and again have naismith the lone striker (i like naismith but every time he plays as a lone striker it is painful to watch)

and the final if, what if martinez takes a risk and gambles due to not having lukaku, mirallas, coleman, atsu ready and decides to play long up top on his own who probably could do with a loan in the championship before being ready to be thrown in at the deep end. That way naismith plays his favoured role and pienaar and mcgeady stay out wide leaving us with a strong bench that could come on around the 60th minute and hopefully either push us on or get us back in the game

Keep the same shape just put Besic in for Ross .. everyone thinks this lad is a just a Def Mid. But if you seen him in pre-season there is no denying he can hold himself up and pass it around!

No drive like Ross has .. but who does? Adapt and move forward!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back