Votes: 113 53.8%
  • Opposition

Votes: 59 28.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 38 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Demarai Gray. Imagine him in the side. Pace. Effort. Skill. Bit of end product. Sure it was a rumour in the summer that got soundly castigated on here.

i know, thats the problem and rooney isnt the answer either, needs benched.
He shouldn't even be on the bench, thing is he's our top goalscorer! If you were looking from the outside in, you would say this is a relegation quality team. You have to have a decent striker to help you in games when you aren't playing well, unfortunately we don't, best we can hope for is 3 teams being worse than us.

In the 94/94 Wimbledon escape season we'd won 6 and draw one by the 30 October and in the 97/98 season by this point we had 12 points...just let that sink in.
In fairness, the quality of the PL now is muuuuch higher than back then so our present 8 points is actually worth more than it was back in the old days.
As long as Bournemouth and Crystal Palace keep losing , I genuinely reckon we'll be fine. I would be worried if I were West Ham though. That move to the Olympic stadium leaves them very vulnerable and the most likely candidate to join Palace and Bournemouth

Was it a pen on Lennon btw? Also should lennon have shot when he squared it first half? Looked like schmeichel was out fast to him. Only seen it live so just wondering

In fairness, the quality of the PL now is muuuuch higher than back then so our present 8 points is actually worth more than it was back in the old days.
As long as Bournemouth and Crystal Palace keep losing , I genuinely reckon we'll be fine. I would be worried if I were West Ham though. That move to the Olympic stadium leaves them very vulnerable and the most likely candidate to join Palace and Bournemouth
To early to be to worried,we have a fair few of the toughest games of the season out of the way, hopefully in a monthBarkley will be back he could well get us ticking again, the problem is we only might have him a month.

Was it a pen on Lennon btw? Also should lennon have shot when he squared it first half? Looked like schmeichel was out fast to him. Only seen it live so just wondering

Definitely a penalty, defender didn't touch the ball. He should have shot near post for that chance I think, DCL couldn't hit a barndoor with a banjo and it was a decent angle

at least we'll win the championship trophy next season!

:Blink:
The subject of how we would fare if we were ever to be relegated is not a new one. By way of a bit of fun, I posted on another forum that if the once omnipotent Everton Football Club were to find themselves in Division 2, as I still call it, we would be like the once rich and pampered kid from a well heeled family, who finds himself attending not his boarding school class, but an inner city sink comprehensive as his family have fallen on hard times.
In that school he would be well and truly beasted and struggle to keep his dignity.
Please, pray that never happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back