Leicester v Everton Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you trying to groom me, Badly Yew Tree you lad
Rolls_Eyes.gif

Hi all, Leicester fan in peace.

After 10 long and mainly miserable years out of the prem finally we're back. Delighted to be playing a proper Premier League club first and can't wait for it to kick off.

Anybody making the journey? If you want to know any pubs to drink in pre match let me know and I'll give some suggestions.

As for the game itself it's gonna be a tough game for us no doubt but I have a sneaky feeling we could get a surprise result. Confidence and morale is really high at the moment and we do have a fair few talented players, obviously nowhere near as many as yourselves.
We have had contrasting preseasons as well although I wouldn't read too much into them myself as our pre season was really low key last season and we won the league comfortably.
The possible absences of Lukaku and Mirallas could be a massive bonus for us as I see them as top quality players.

Good luck for the season and feel free to ask any questions you have about LCFC

Will be a tough game mate. Wary of a few of your players aswell but aren't Knockaert, Vardy and Albrighton out? Would hope that Mirallas and Lukaku will atleast be part of the squad with the latter having trained with Anderlecht whilst he's been in Belgium for his break. Should be a good game and I can't wait but if we play like we know we can then we should win the game but I'm predicting a close one as your momentum from last season should carry on into this season. Best of luck for the rest of the season after Saturday and with the exception of the Goodison return fixture anyway mate.

P.S. We're not all t**ts like that lad on your forum.

Can't see how any Evertonian can go in to this with a cocky attitude like we can stroll to an easy victory. How many times do we even do that anyway? Of course we should be expecting to win having finished 5th last season, but these kind of games are always tough. They will be full of confidence from last season, and we always tend to struggle at the start of the season. Pre-season hasn't been great for us either.

I'm concerned for the opening few games with Lukaku and Mirallas not having played at all. Can't see Coleman playing either and Hibbert is well past his best. I think we will have another great season but we're known for our slow starts.

Not exactly terrified of Leicester due to the quality we have in our side, but this certainly won't be easy.

After 10 long and mainly miserable years out of the prem finally we're back. Delighted to be playing a proper Premier League club first and can't wait for it to kick off.

Anybody making the journey? If you want to know any pubs to drink in pre match let me know and I'll give some suggestions.

As for the game itself it's gonna be a tough game for us no doubt but I have a sneaky feeling we could get a surprise result. Confidence and morale is really high at the moment and we do have a fair few talented players, obviously nowhere near as many as yourselves.
We have had contrasting preseasons as well although I wouldn't read too much into them myself as our pre season was really low key last season and we won the league comfortably.
The possible absences of Lukaku and Mirallas could be a massive bonus for us as I see them as top quality players.

Think that is a massive thing going into Saturdays game

Your whole club will be bouncing and playing a newly promoted side on opening day is never easy

I think the result will be a draw 0-0 or 1-1

Will be a tough game mate. Wary of a few of your players aswell but aren't Knockaert, Vardy and Albrighton out? Would hope that Mirallas and Lukaku will atleast be part of the squad with the latter having trained with Anderlecht whilst he's been in Belgium for his break. Should be a good game and I can't wait but if we play like we know we can then we should win the game but I'm predicting a close one as your momentum from last season should carry on into this season. Best of luck for the rest of the season after Saturday and with the exception of the Goodison return fixture anyway mate.

P.S. We're not all t**ts like that lad on your forum.
Cheers, he doesn't seem too bad to be fair but he'll get plenty of bites if he's on a wind up lol

Knockaert was on crutches yesterday with apparently a metatarsal injury so not looking good at all there. Think Vardy might be fit in time and have no idea about Albrighton. We are short on wingers though.

Yeah you have every right to be confident of course, just hope we can change a few people's opinions of us this season

vardy will cause us problems if hibbert plays - after all he has pace.

but we have a lot more players that will cause them a lot more problems.

will be tough, but we need to get off to a good start. lukaku on the bench may even be a blessing in disguise if he's not fit enough to start.

It's going to be a tough game. Traditionally, well at least in the Premier League era, we've struggled going to Leicester, i realise they've been out of the prem for a good few years, 11 seasons to be precise, mad. But in our last 8 visits to Leicester our record is W2 D4 L2, with obviously our season turning 1-0 win, with a last minute Speed penalty in December 1997.

Last season, we could out pass a big physical side, but a team, which has struggled to impress in pre-season, against a team, eager to get off to a good start, will be a very difficult test, Leicester look equipped to at least manage a relegation scrap, they will stay up easily imho, Villa, WBA, Burnley and even West Ham are worse. It'll be a tough game. We need an early goal, and then another to kill the tie early on. But i think we could struggle.

I know there is part of me, which is still a Moyes Pessimistic' blue, but it won't be easy, I think if we turn up, we'll win, but Leicester won't be easy.

I'm most concerned that Everton get back to form and start scoring and stop conceding.

Lukaku and Mirallas will be ready. They probably won't play 90mins but they'll certainly play 60 mins.

No doubt about that. Since there is no word about them carrying knocks.

We just need to see some form in Everton now.

I'm not sure what is more embarrassing: posting on another team's forum or arguing about another team's optimism on their forum.
I don't understand why that would be embarrassing?... Plenty of supporters of other teams can post on rival forums and have an intelligent and rational conversation... It adds to the culture of forums

I'm most concerned that Everton get back to form and start scoring and stop conceding.

Lukaku and Mirallas will be ready. They probably won't play 90mins but they'll certainly play 60 mins.

No doubt about that. Since there is no word about them carrying knocks.

We just need to see some form in Everton now.

That's great and all, but what are your thoughts on Hibbert?

Welcome mate.
Yea, I'll be down. Havn't been there since you left Filbert St to be honest and I'm looking forward to it.

According to t'internet the Counting House and the Swan & Rushes are the best bets. Is that about right ?

Given our pre-season I'd be happy enough with a draw at the moment. I suspect Lukaku and Mirallas wil be on the bench if we need them, I'm more worried about the doubts about Coleman's fitness. Obviously I hope you get tanked on Saturday, but have a decent season and stick around in the Premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back