Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked well up for it tonight. Was still trying to bomb forward when the game was done and dusted.
By his own high standards last season was a bit average, but the Leighton we all know seems to be back.

Well in Mr Baines you sexy beast.

Looked well up for it tonight. Was still trying to bomb forward when the game was done and dusted.
By his own high standards last season was a bit average, but the Leighton we all know seems to be back.

Well in Mr Baines you sexy beast.
Most impressive thing was that Pienaar wasn't even playing and he still shone, reassuring for the future.

Will be good seeing them both playing though, they looked fabulous in first half vs Leicester.

Still one of my favourite players, still one of our best players. But I can't recall him ever rising to the occasion in a derby game, please put that right tomorrow.

GUYS

wmQQsKF.jpg

Good game today, very easy to take him for granted as he is usually so reliable both for penalties and general play.

Lost form last season but has been much better so far this year, even when not playing with Pienaar who brings out his best. Was one of our few creative outlets, some of his crosses are superb and he is probably the player who has covered the most miles for us .

Reading about a fat guy at Old Trafford giving Leighton some stick about the size of his nose and apparently Leighton turned towards him and said "do you have to buy two seats mate".

haha, is right.

Tbh honest I think it was only a matter of time before he had a poor pen. thourght he played well. Pienaar wasn't fit and was so bad on the ball I really do feel for him looked good first two games typical, but I think there partnership is well and truly dead now and pienaar can only be a bit player after this latest injury.

haha, is right.

Tbh honest I think it was only a matter of time before he had a poor pen. thourght he played well. Pienaar wasn't fit and was so bad on the ball I really do feel for him looked good first two games typical, but I think there partnership is well and truly dead now and pienaar can only be a bit player after this latest injury.
Yes mate, it was the first time I have had any doubts when he came to take it, bit strange, but there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back