Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read before that he's two assists off being the all time leading assister for a defender in the PL era.

Note - CBA looking for the source of that info.

@premierleague: Leighton Baines has 43 #BPL assists. The only defender with more in the competition's history is Le Saux (44) #BUREVE

Superb player and yet another excellent game.

Quality player, was laughing at a poll in the mirror of who was England's best LB baines come in 2nd at 27% to kieron gibbs at 53%! Deluded cockneys must have been hammering the poll

I know martinez loves a sweeping statement and when I heard him say "when Baines returned from the WC his game had gone to the next level" I thought it was nonsense. The season before last he was awesome and didnt think he would ever replicate that.

I have to say though that he does look a better play this season. as others have mentioned, his game has always been about his delivery, and Pienaar especially has always looked to get Baines in the best position to get a cross in.

This season hes doing it himself, against burnley yesterday he was beating his man with jinks and turns like ive never seen him do before.

I just love the lad. And he is playing the best football of his career. At Everton.

Boss that.

From Roy Keanes book:

B0Gcbn0IcAAOWk2.jpg:large

So humble and loyal I would love him to win a trophy here.
If not with us, then he's the one player i wouldn't mind eventually moving on to a CL qualifying club. He'd deserve it. Which other player anywhere do we know to have turned down approaches by both Bayern Munich and Utd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back