Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnson was a youngster who showed very good potential. Ok he hasn't really kicked on, but at the time the fee looked about right.

I get what your saying mate, but plenty of players have moved for ridiculous money who are 26/27. Baines will play for another 10 years as well, 32 is young in football now with all the advances and facilities they have now.

I know some people won't like this, but:

OUT - Baines, Anichebe, Joao Silva
IN - Naismith, Rodallega, Pranjic, Dempsey, Donovan, LB Replacement

Sounds like a good Summer window to me.

From the perspective ofanyone who isn't an Everton fan there's no way he's worth £25m. It's only because he's so valuable to EVERTON why we price him so high. Man Utd wouldn't rely on him so much as us so he'd never be worth as much as that to them.

What I'm trying to say is that as much as I don't want him to leave, if we got £18m we would not have been ripped off. So long as that £18m is reinvested, as LCAB says it would be.

I know some people won't like this, but:

OUT - Baines, Anichebe, Joao Silva
IN - Naismith, Rodallega, Pranjic, Dempsey, Donovan, LB Replacement

Sounds like a good Summer window to me.

I'm inclined to agree. I would definitely accept this as long as the LB replacement is good. Not as good as Baines, cos who is? But good enough.

Johnson fee was only £17 due to money owed from a previous transfer.

Anyway, do people really thing that football business is conducted like that ??

"well they paid this much for such a face, so we want such a fee"

Baines will not be able to leave without putting in an official transfer request and then the club will spin it that as sson as he heard he wanted to go.

Market value appears to be around £16-18m but we're not looking for that as he's not on the market. We should be looking for £20m plus as we NEED other clubs to see they can't take players from us on the cheap. In that situation it may be worth letting him go as Moyes has shown he can replace even our better players with young up and coming lads, I thought Lescott was a better player than Baines until recently, but this is far from ideal.

I can't wait til Kenwrights out of our club.

From the perspective ofanyone who isn't an Everton fan there's no way he's worth £25m. It's only because he's so valuable to EVERTON why we price him so high. Man Utd wouldn't rely on him so much as us so he'd never be worth as much as that to them.

What I'm trying to say is that as much as I don't want him to leave, if we got £18m we would not have been ripped off. So long as that £18m is reinvested, as LCAB says it would be.

You could say that about any player. Most fans wouldn't say Glen Johnson was worth £18m, or that Joleon Lescott was worth £24m.

Very hard to sell someone when there isn't a buyer, which there isn't. Story keeps getting peddled by someone, for their own ends.

I don't doubt that Baines could be sold (in theory), I do doubt that United will be the club to buy him. Mainly because of Baines' age and what we want for him. Man Utd don't buy players of Baines' age for what we want unless they are absolutely world class.

I'm inclined to agree. I would definitely accept this as long as the LB replacement is good. Not as good as Baines, cos who is? But good enough.

Howard
Neville Heitinga Distin LB
Donovan Fellaini Pranjic Pienaar
Dempsey
Jelavic​

Subs:

Naismith
Rodallega
Osman
Jagielka
Hibbert
Gueye
Gibson

Damn good team.

You could say that about any player. Most fans wouldn't say Glen Johnson was worth £18m, or that Joleon Lescott was worth £24m.

Very hard to sell someone when there isn't a buyer, which there isn't. Story keeps getting peddled by someone, for their own ends.

I don't doubt that Baines could be sold (in theory), I do doubt that United will be the club to buy him. Mainly because of Baines' age and what we want for him. Man Utd don't buy players of Baines' age for what we want unless they are absolutely world class.

So Fox and LCAB are BOTH wrong ? Just checking like.

Howard
Neville Heitinga Distin LB
Donovan Fellaini Pranjic Pienaar
Dempsey
Jelavic​

Subs:

Naismith
Rodallega
Osman
Jagielka
Hibbert
Gueye
Coleman

Damn good team.

Any particular reason why you've gotten rid of Gibson altogether? Wouldnt drop Gibson for anyone tbh, brought the best out of Fellaini i felt.

What worries me most about this is the wage bill.

According to those who know more than me the banks are relaxing a little bit with us, and i can guarantee you one thing, if we get some players through the door and start the season well the attendances will shoot back up. That will eliminate some of the wage bill worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back