Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some people won't like this, but:

OUT - Baines, Anichebe, Joao Silva
IN - Naismith, Rodallega, Pranjic, Dempsey, Donovan, LB Replacement

Sounds like a good Summer window to me.
Damn right! I'll be ecstatic if that comes off!!

Any particular reason why you've gotten rid of Gibson altogether? Wouldnt drop Gibson for anyone tbh, brought the best out of Fellaini i felt.

I'd say Pranjic brings more to the table than Gibson in terms of creating play, although i can see what you mean. Gibson is what i would call a solid, dependable player. I'd put him ahead of Rodwell all day long currently. I didn't actually realise i'd left Gibson off the bench, give me a second.

The great thing about that squad i posted is that it has the depth where we can actually start debating starters, which would be nice !

I am getting sick of people talking as if pranjic is already our player.

Also that gash from wigan is no where near good enough for Everton.

I'd say Pranjic brings more to the table than Gibson in terms of creating play, although i can see what you mean. Gibson is what i would call a solid, dependable player. I'd put him ahead of Rodwell all day long currently.

The great thing about that squad i posted is that it has the depth where we can actually start debating starters, which would be nice !

Thats what we have lacked for years squad depth. Glad to see that we are trying to eliminate the problem by getting these decent free transfers in!

I know some people won't like this, but:

OUT - Baines, Anichebe, Joao Silva
IN - Naismith, Rodallega, Pranjic, Dempsey, Donovan, LB Replacement

Sounds like a good Summer window to me.

I could live with that.

but it doesn't feel realistic....6 new signings...no way
Would be ace, though

He was 24.
Which is young for a defender. The general consensus at the time was that it looked a very good signing for Liverpool. Age is an important factor where transfer fees are concerned. At 24, you have good resale value, at near 28, not so much so.

Whichever way you look at it, it makes business sense if a bid is made over 15 million for a 28 year old full back, to accept and reinvest and strengthen the squad in a few key areas.

I am getting sick of people talking as if pranjic is already our player.

Also that gash from wigan is no where near good enough for Everton.

Well seeing as he's already stated his interest at joining us, and LCAB has confirmed our interest, it is more likely than any other transfer. Although the word 'if' was quite visible in my post regardless.

Did you not read the tweet I posted from LCAB? Add to that Fox's comments...writing is starting to be on the wall.

No I didn't see the LCAB thing.

But Fox + LCAB... argh. I can't deny it. Even THT didn't say he wasn't going, he said there had been no official bids and that Baines doesn't want to go. They could all be right.

Oh Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back