Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look away Bryan, look away!

David â€￾@lcabbabeh
@PaulDaly90 @jenninemo Theres been NOTHING OFFICIAL on Baines as of yday . Theyre back today . Things may happen as a result ... <<<

And a great update in general on their site:
http://thtandlcab-football.com/2012/07/10/moyes-eyes-more-new-faces/

Key snippets:
Out of the players who are regularly mentioned, Hugo Rodallega is probably the one Moyes is most keen on but at
the moment both parties have not yet agreed terms although a deal does not look too far away.

It remains to be seen whether moves for the likes of Daniel Pranjic, Junior Hoilett and Thomas Sivok progress any further. Hoilett is a slightly different deal to the other two as he would require a fee if he moves within this country as he is under the age of 24. He was favourite to move to Germany but that has not progressed although QPR are in strong for him now and will pay probably whatever he asks for in order to get their man.

The Steven Pienaar deal rumbles on despite big progress being made last week with Tottenham Hotspur. When that deal will be concluded is anybody’s guess but the fact the Andre Villas-Boas is now re-building the Spurs squad means that the clubs can now actively attempt to finalise the deal as AVB has his own ideas and Pienaar has supposedly made his feelings quite clear to Spurs.

The link with Landon Donovan continues to remain and we know that he is a player David Moyes would love to have here full time. The final plus point is Landon’s marketable persona particularly across the pond and as a tie in with new Kit makers Nike, who are Landon’s sponsor.

As far as players leaving the club this summer the situation remains the same. There have still been no bids for either Leighton Baines or Marouanne Fellaini. The Baines situation is becoming boring and is still being driven by the media, but if Baines is to move on then I would like it done sooner rather than later so that there is time to pick up a replacement and strengthen even further.

Sorry but I don't see Baines leaving...

...unless the offer is a stupid 35M and then I say we take it.

We might get a last minute Pienaar loan, but that'll be our lot. If Baine is to go it'll be after the season starts

We might get a last minute Pienaar loan, but that'll be our lot. If Baine is to go it'll be after the season starts

I'm ignoring the first bit.

But i fear the second bit. I can really see Baines doing an Arteta and going on deadline day. That took me about 5 weeks to get over, and so will this.

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen hey?

But i fear the second bit. I can really see Baines doing an Arteta and going on deadline day. That took me about 5 weeks to get over, and so will this.

Indeed but man up a bit! If he ends up going he ends up going. We will still be here as wonderful as ever.

got to be honest i was not totally gutted when arteta left (although i cheered earlier in the day when ssn said he wasnt going) because he was nowehere near as good as before for us, he needed a new challenge and i respected all that he'd done for us for him to be granted that wish. was disapointed in him wanting to leave us but he did it for a career prospect and not for money so i can respect that, he wasnt born an evertonian like rooney. However, the fact we only got £10 mill for him was what dissapointed me. The same will go towards baines, if we sold him and had pranjic as our replacement then i would not be too disheartened, as long as we get a reasonable fee for him and it is invested back into the squad which will eventually make us stronger. we already have our targets so lets hope it'll be sorted sooner rather than later if it is going to happen. £18 mill will be the least we should accept for him IMO, i know man utd wont see him as being worth that much, but that's they're problem, if they're not willing to pay such amount, we dont have to sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back