Lescott Set For Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Everton manager David Moyes has revealed that talks over extending defender Joleon Lescotts contract will begin soon.

Moyes: "I think there will be new contract talks soon, because he is a very valuable member of our squad," Moyes said.

"The thing is, he is OK about playing at left-back, and that helps. We have spoken about it and he understands, and after playing in Russia for England at left-back he realises being quite versatile can be a real benefit.

"He would rather be a centre-half. His best position is there, but I've got to say he is a more than competent left-back and I've said before I don't think many people get past him because he is so strong and such a good defender."

"The next step for him is to become a leader, become someone who can command respect the way the likes of John Terry does at Chelsea and Rio Ferdinand at Manchester United,"

"He needs that kind of dominance. How does he do that? With consistent performances and taking more responsibility for the team as well as himself.

"He has the capabilities to do that. His performances have shown a maturity and I've got to say he's a really dedicated footballer, so it's a good feeling to have players around you who want to do this and understand what is required.

"The next step for him is to go on and realise he is top Premier League defender, a top England defender and make himself become a leader as well."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back