Little things that mean a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huyton Layne

Player Valuation: £70m
So for the past week or so I was home in England from the States. Wanted to show my 5 year old boys my hometown but had a major need to show them Goodison. Tried to book a tour but they stop after the last home game so they can work on the ground, which was disappointing but understandable. I still took them to Goodison with the aim of showing them the granite with their names and birthday on, taking pictures by the statues and them grabbing them a kit at the shop. On the off chance I thought I'd just ask at reception if there was anyway to just pop in for a minute to take a couple of pictures and let the boys see inside. While I'm stood waiting for the receptionist behind a delivery fella another fella who works for Everton asks if he can help. I explain about the tour and ask if he knew whether it'd be possible to pop inside for a quick photo. No sooner than I've finished asking we're following him through the big metal gates between the Park End and Bullens and taking pics at the edge of the pitch. I, being useless, didn't get his name but his small gesture made two 5 year olds very happy and gave them their first true Everton memory. Thanks.

So for the past week or so I was home in England from the States. Wanted to show my 5 year old boys my hometown but had a major need to show them Goodison. Tried to book a tour but they stop after the last home game so they can work on the ground, which was disappointing but understandable. I still took them to Goodison with the aim of showing them the granite with their names and birthday on, taking pictures by the statues and them grabbing them a kit at the shop. On the off chance I thought I'd just ask at reception if there was anyway to just pop in for a minute to take a couple of pictures and let the boys see inside. While I'm stood waiting for the receptionist behind a delivery fella another fella who works for Everton asks if he can help. I explain about the tour and ask if he knew whether it'd be possible to pop inside for a quick photo. No sooner than I've finished asking we're following him through the big metal gates between the Park End and Bullens and taking pics at the edge of the pitch. I, being useless, didn't get his name but his small gesture made two 5 year olds very happy and gave them their first true Everton memory. Thanks.
That's how they catch you ; glorious experience the first time, then a life time of addiction, expense and pain.

Not a problem mate, I thought it was you.
not-sure-if-real-life-or-just-fantasy.png

Proper Everton that :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.