Live chat with Phil Neville NOW. (04:15 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a great deal to write home about...

2:25
Hi everybody - thanks for waiting, let's have some questions...
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:25
2:25

[Comment From Jarrod Jarrod: ]
hey phil, how was the backyard growing up with your brother gary? did it get very competitive? and what did he say when you went to everton?
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:25 Jarrod
2:26
Yes, it was very competitive! But never to the stage where we fell out. For selfish reasons he never wanted me to join Everton but he understood and supported me on the move.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:26
2:26

[Comment From gossy gossy: ]
Phil, you've played in some big derbies in your time - so which is bigger? Man Utd v Man City; Man Utd v Liverpool; or Everton v Liverpool?
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:26 gossy
2:27
Everton v Liverpool - because families are divided, the city is divided and whoever wins gets bragging rights - that's what makes it so important.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:27
2:27

[Comment From Jason Jason: ]
Hello Phil, welcome to australia, being originally born in Manchester, my team is Man United, and my wife is from LIverpool, and an Everton fan passionately, so we have a few choice words when we play each other, but how do you find it when either man u visit Goodison or you go to Old trafford? we will both be there on wednesday though, good luck, cheers jason
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:27 Jason
2:28
It's probably my number one fixture. Having spent so long at Old Trafford I am always keen to do well in this game - and win!
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:28
2:28

[Comment From Adrian from Altona Adrian from Altona: ]
Phil, who is the best player you have ever seen on the field for 1. as an opponent, 2. as a team mate
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:28 Adrian from Altona
2:29
Ryan Giggs for both!
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:29
2:31

[Comment From jim adelaide jim adelaide: ]
You have made positive comments in regards about the A league , would you be interseted once your playind days at everton are finished in turning out as a player in the A league??
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:31 jim adelaide
2:31
My best man at my wedding, Grant Brebner, plays for the Melbourne Victory - so I take a keen interest in the League. But as for me playing out here it seems a little bit too far away from home for me.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:31
2:32

[Comment From Gregg Ainsworth Gregg Ainsworth: ]
Welcome to Melbourne Phil. What's your impression of Australia so far?
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:32 Gregg Ainsworth
2:32
We have had a fantastic experience, the welcome has been amazing. It is a place that I definitely think we should come back.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:32
2:33

[Comment From Adrian Adrian: ]
Hey Phil, as a Leeds Utd supporter obviously it was sad to see Jermaine Beckford leave but we couldn't possibly begrudge him for moving to a bigger club like Everton. How do you think he will travel this season stepping up to the big time in the EPL?
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:33 Adrian
2:33
He has got a great goalscoring record and seems to have good confidence and he knows he will get a chance here, It's up to him to take it.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:33
2:34

[Comment From Glenn Glenn: ]
Do you believe Everton can challenge for a champions league spot for this upcoming season?
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:34 Glenn
2:34
It is definitely within our capabilities. I think the league is more wide open than it has ever been. We just have to concentrate on doing our own job.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:34
2:35

[Comment From Matt Matt: ]
Welcome to oz phil, how is your body coping after so many years at the elite level? how many years do you think you have left playing?
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:35 Matt
I aim to play for at least another four years. I feel fit and I am enjoying it - as long as that is the case I will continue to play.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:35

[Comment From adam sawicki adam sawicki: ]
have you watched an AFL game yet?
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:35 adam sawicki
2:36
I have. It seems to have been on every channel we switched on ion Sydney and we've just been to Essendon to meet the team there.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:36
2:36

[Comment From Rob Winmar Rob Winmar: ]
Phil, does Z Cars have the same effect on you as it does the rest of us?
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:36 Rob Winmar
2:37
Without a doubt. The highlight of my career was probably when Z-Cars came on at the semi-final win over Manchester United and the whole place erupted.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:37
2:37

[Comment From MUFC MUFC: ]
Hi Phil what was it like walking out onto the pitch when you captained everton and Gary captained united.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:37 MUFC
2:38
It was a great moment in my career and a really proud moment for my parents - something I will never forget.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:38
2:38

[Comment From Greg Greg: ]
Gday Phil, Do you think Baines and Jagielka were stiff to miss out on World cup selection?
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:38 Greg
2:39
I think so. Bainesy in particular should have gone in my opinion. They are both young enough to play in the next World Cup if they reproduce the form they show for Everton.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:39

[Comment From Rodders Rodders: ]
Jack Rodwell - where will he make his name - centre half, attacking or defensive mid?
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:39 Rodders
I think attacking midfield. I see him scoring and getting plenty of opportunities. He can be a real threat this season for us in that position.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:39
2:40

[Comment From John John: ]
What has been the most intimidating stadium you have played at over your career. Would it be somewhere in Southern Europe?
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:40 John
The Nou Camp - it is an amazing atmosphere and the supporters are right on top of you.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:40
Last couple of questions now - I have to get ready for training!
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:40

[Comment From Chris Chris: ]
How does a team prepare for opposition such as Melbourne Heart, who have not played much if any football together as a team
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:40 Chris
2:41
We will treat them the same as any other team. We want to win, we want to score goals and we want to play well.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:41

[Comment From Scott Scott: ]
Do you see yourself as a Manager when you finish playing?
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:41 Scott
It is something that really does interest me. I am doing my coaching badges and I closely study how the manager does things here.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:41
2:42
Thanks everyone for your questions - sorry I couldn't answer them all. I'm off training now but hopefully I will see some of you at the game tomorrow.

Didn't even say Hi to Source....
:confused2:

[Comment From Matt Matt: ]
Welcome to oz phil, how is your body coping after so many years at the elite level? how many years do you think you have left playing?
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:35 Matt
I aim to play for at least another four years. I feel fit and I am enjoying it - as long as that is the case I will continue to play.
Tuesday July 13, 2010 2:35

I think next season will be difficult for Neville regarding keeping his place. He'll not last 4 years at the top level in my opinion, so it would be interesting to see if he switches clubs. I was under the impression he would finish his career at Everton.

I think next season will be difficult for Neville regarding keeping his place. He'll not last 4 years at the top level in my opinion, so it would be interesting to see if he switches clubs. I was under the impression he would finish his career at Everton.

Well, it's clearly not in the A-League! ;)

I like Neville as a guy, as an ambassador and as a blue. As a player?

Hmmm.

Well, no. I'm a Hibbert fan if I'm honest (thought he was great after coming back from the injury last season) and I really don't want to see Coleman on the bench too much as well. Neville's time is coming to an end, or so I hope. Gotta think with the head, after all.

Manager badge eh...

Heart: Check
Passion: Check
Knowledge: Possibly

I can see him being very much like Gareth Southgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.