Liverpool 3-0 Everton. 13th Mar at 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a thought, why didnt he rest the players against Spurs? The derby is bigger for two reasons. 1. Its our arch enemy and has a bigger effect on the players win or lose. 2. If Spurs has beaten us it isnt as damaging to our own league placing.

Here's a thought, why didnt he rest the players against Spurs? The derby is bigger for two reasons. 1. Its our arch enemy and has a bigger effect on the players win or lose. 2. If Spurs has beaten us it isnt as damaging to our own league placing.

Exactly.

I really ain't buying the whole "resting players" excuse.

Sure maybe he had one eye on Sunderland but not enough to make the changes he did.

He sent out the team he thought could just scrape a draw cause thats all he wanted.

He hasn't got the squad to rest players, and him being manager should know this better than anyone else.

Everyone who saw the team when it was announced gave us no chance, and it was well within reason.

The only thing I just dont have a clue how to answer it is why drop Heitinga? He's been our best player for ages now? Never disrupt a back four that hasn't lost in 8 matches. FFS.

I personally think if Heitinga doesnt play on Saturday and is fit, he will defo look for a move in the Summer.

And to be honest I wouldnt even call him a snide.

The other thing that bothers me is the fact that he hasnt come out and admitted his mistake! Maybe i have missed it but he has blamed the defence rather than hischanges/ tactics.

i also think we are missing Darron Gibson i know he is not everyones cup of tea but he will stay in the Everton side
when he comes back. Rodwell and a few more will have to do alot to keep him out pity he is not fit for sunderland game
we could do with a lift.

I don't see anything wrong with prioritizing the FA Cup (the team better show up though).

First sadly they always do us one there and we bring out the best in them at Analfield.

Second City and UTD at gone and their is no one left that we can't beat on a neutral field (except the RS who I get the feeling will get done in by Stoke).

Third the players who really didn't show up were Fellani and Distin as Fellani/Distin combined to give up the 1st (and cost us a chance to go up 1-0) while Distin, looking 34 for the first time I ever saw, cocked up on the 2nd. That Spurs game took alot out of the players, it just did.

Hear ya. But we're not going to fully understand what everyone else is going through today. I'm more interested in silverware as I think 4th was a pipe dream anyway.

But yes, means the team MUST show up on Saturday. Period.

What i think happened here is, Moyes looked at the situation over the last few weeks, he probably had a points target up to a certain date,but because of the wins versus spurs, chelsea, man city, we were ahead of our target. Obviously the fact he hasnt won any silverware in 10 years, is the monkey on his back. He knows sland have no midweek game and so more rest, so he gambled on the derby team selection, knowing that if we lost we still wouldnt be down on the overall points total he expected at this stage in the season, but a lot of our key players would be fresh to beat sland in saturdays quarter, which is more important in the grand scheme of things. He has qualified for europe what 6 times in 10 years is it, so prioritising silverware over that is correct, but IMO not at the expense of a derby at anfield which was winnable with our best 11.

In short the victories we celebrated over city,chelsea and spurs made last night less important(in moyes eyes not mine).

24 hours later and the pain is still raw. Distraught more than anything. That ranks as one of our worst derby performances in living memory, and the manager must shoulder a large part of the blame. Turning up at the enemy's gates with a half-baked and half-arsed team is UNFORGIVABLE. We were absolutely shocking last night.

Many have been calling for Cahill and Neville to be dropped or rested, but he drops them for the wrong fooking game FFS. We could have done with both there last night instead of Hibbert and Anichebe. Rodwell for Osman, what was that all about ? Rodwell strolls around the pitch looking the part of a very good footballer, but he doesn't hurt the opposition. Pienaar was always going to come in for either Coleman or Drenthe, and I always reckoned he might start Straq. But the biggest error of the lot was Jags for Heitinga, epic fail there Davey. So a couple of changes yes, but not six FFS, especially as they weren't anywhere near match fit.

A horrible night in the history of Everton Football Club. A price worth paying to get to the semi-final of the Cup ? Not in my book. It was a humiliation, and that's just not on, whatever the reasoning.

This has been Moyes' poorest season for several years for a multitude of reasons. Many of us that have supported him throughout have been wavering, and he's now on the brink of losing that support. Hopefully we will go on to win the cup, but I'm not holding my breath. Think the best thing now might be for him to go in the summer 'for a new challenge' with his reputation largely intact, retaining the goodwill of most of the fanbase, and possibly with his first trophy at Everton under his belt. It would an amicable parting of the ways, and I'd worry that if he stays it could get messy, very messy. And I'd hate to see that.

24 hours later and the pain is still raw. Distraught more than anything. That ranks as one of our worst derby performances in living memory, and the manager must shoulder a large part of the blame.

The players too. They were well up for Man City, Chelsea And Spurs the previous weeks...but not so up for the derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back