Liverpool council threaten legal action over Merseyside derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
tell em to 'koff... if the Polis call it fair enough, gotta go with the law and order guys. Other wise it's some Council Jobsworth tosser's H&S wish list / wankfest

Anyone heard anythin on this lately? Surely cant start changing the time or day now?
I doubt it will be changed now, if only because of the knock on effects to other scheduled live games. But otherwise, lets not forget the LC game with Chelsea at GP 3 or 4 years ago when having already been selected for their live TV coverage Sky changed it again (pushed it back 24 hrs I think) just 5 days before! At least in those days you were entitled to get your ticket money back (though no other expenses eg plane tickets); now Everton won't reimburse anything.

It was never going to get changed. The TV have the power to change and do what they want. As fans, we have no say in the matter and going forward, I certainly hope this changes.
Fans all over the country should have one day together where they just boycott the game and leave the players to play in an empty stadium as I would to see or hear the response from the FA and the TV companies. We as fans love our game and our clubs and should have the respect from the money seeking plonkers. Give us back the game so we can watch at decent times and to stop being inconvenienced.
This game is a recipe for disaster with a lot of fans on the lash all day. I wonder how the clubs and the TV companies would respond to any reaction if fans kick off with each other

Last edited:
I'm sure the police can stop the game if there was a safty issue around Goodison Park, such as the windy Palace game or the one against Leeds about 12 years ago when there was no grit to do the roads around Walton...etc But there is no way they can stop it because of matters in the City Center that are no concern of Evertons.

Great news, the kopites fail and rightly so.

Get ready for a full on kopite lie fest should we get a result in this one now.

Dey woz dat bevvied dey cudnt stand up like

Dem squashed faces woz bang out of order la

Singing bout Hillsboro again

Seen one of dem taking a slash on da memorial lad

Is right. The Council and Merseyside Police have made right arses out of themselves over this, glad they've had their eyes wiped.

I think they've been completely sidelined - didn't they used to have the right to say no, not just "object" as they have this time? I'm sure we've had kick offs changed before "on police advice".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back