Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true that
It's even true when we get fouled on the pitch or something happens - our players should all be supporting each other and fighting our cause (short of getting booked or sent off!) but sometimes i notice when our players are injured or treated badly, none of our players go and check or support him. Now with Rooney that's different, Jags and Baines are crap at that, Pickford seems like he'd be ok, but we need more vocal players. I think only Davies, DCL, Kenny will show that in the future as they gain confidence, Wiliams shouldn't bother because he's got no credibility. Fighting or winning mentality is won on the bench and in the crowd i suppose
Yes shitouse behaviour from our players
Said it a million times one of our players should have broke slippy in half
Rooney will be our man on Sunday and Williams I'm sure ,seen him get in gerrards face before .

The pressure must be immense on them. Imagine being apart of the first rs team to lose to us at home this millennium, excuse me Willennium.

Unfortunately it's come a bit too early for us as we turn a new corner, but it may not turn out to be the white wash it could have been.

Can see Williams having a solid game but giving away a penalty. Rooney will be up for this!

Wonder if Big Sam will start DCL or Niasse for this? Obviously, I'd pick Niasse any day of the week over DCL but he'll presumably play an unchanged squad after 2 wins/clean sheets in a row?

Wonder if Big Sam will start DCL or Niasse for this? Obviously, I'd pick Niasse any day of the week over DCL but he'll presumably play an unchanged squad after 2 wins/clean sheets in a row?

Playing both of them and going long could cause them some problems. We'd have to drop one of Rooney/Sigg for that.

Play a weakened team in the Eurofa Cup.

Think we will play a mix of the kids on the fringes of the side and the likes of Klassen, Sandro, McCarthy - players out of form or needing minutes, wonder if Bolasie may get a few minutes or if it's still too early?

Think we will play a mix of the kids on the fringes of the side and the likes of Klassen, Sandro, McCarthy - players out of form or needing minuted, wonder if Bolasie may get a few minutes or if it's still too early?
I dont know how many were registered for the EL but any not planned for a starting role or bench slot should be sent. I hope there's no work done on this game in training too.

We need 100% focus on setting a game plan up to stop Salah and Mane and maybe trying a man marking job on Coutinho.

Hard to envisage circumstances in which we can win, but at least things have settled down and we are not going into it looking a shambles.

They score a bagful of goals even when playing poorly, and now they're on a good run.

Strategy will be to contain them, and deny them space in midfield and on the wings, which will be difficult. But we can't drop too deep.

Set-pieces will be crucial for us, we won't have many opportunities so vital to have good delivery with players forward. We will see practically nothing of the ball for long spells.

Afternoon kick-off might be in our favour though, the pit won't be as rabid as for a late kick-off.

I would take a draw all day sorry to say.

It's important though that if we lose, we keep the score down for so many reasons.

For me this fixture has long since ceased to be something viewed with anticipation and excitement, its more like a trip to the dentist now. You go to get it done with.

I dont know how many were registered for the EL but any not planned for a starting role or bench slot should be sent. I hope there's no work done on this game in training too.

We need 100% focus on setting a game plan up to stop Salah and Mane and maybe trying a man marking job on Coutinho.
Pretty sure Shakespeare will be working with the selected squad in training for this game if he's the one taking them out there .

Status
Not open for further replies.