Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
No left back tomorrow, Cuco it is

Or will he bring Jags in to partner Williams and move Holgate to RB and Kenny LB?

Shuddering etc

Get some grit down and let people make decisions for themselves
That's what they should be doing. Outside and inside the ground ought to not be a problem, but it'll be the motorways if anything. When it snows like that the whole country comes to a standstill.. But let's see, maybe it won't even snow..

Watching some of their goals back over recent weeks and the situations teams got themselves into were absolutely ridiculous. I don't know how you end up with 2 defenders against 4 of their attackers at any time in a game against them - breaking with speed is their obvious strength, do something to counter that FFS.

The positioning/decision making of full backs has been diabolical as well, which doesn't exactly bode well for us given the inexperience of Kenny and ineptness of Martina. Our lads have really got to help each other out. No one left hung out to dry in the way Pennington was last year.

Wait until tomorrow, Williams and Jags will show you exactly how it's done, unfortunately for us.

I agree with your point that we have to work as a team tomorrow, the wide midfielders have to cover our two full backs and the 2 centre mids have to play deep to cover the 2 centre backs.

Smacks of parking the bus , i know, but if we try to play against them, they could seriously tear us apart.

It's not like it's snow showers driving in from the Irish Sea on gale force winds and passing right through; this one is progressing slowly up from the south west and looks like it'll deposit a blanket of snow for hours on end.

I predict a decision about 11am on Sunday whether the game goes ahead. I can see it suiting both teams to postpone.

Thank you Micheal Fish, for the weather forecast. ;)

That's what they should be doing. Outside and inside the ground ought to not be a problem, but it'll be the motorways if anything. When it snows like that the whole country comes to a standstill.. But let's see, maybe it won't even snow..

Seems daft doesnt it - We've known about this potential snow all week, surely we can be preemptive in planning for it - The motorways will be gritted, no issues at all with them - It's the smaller local roads that are the problem

Keane over Jagielka, maybe a back 5 with Holgate in there and obviously Martina continuing at left back. Get Kenny and him man-marking their wide men, and look to Gueye to try and control Coutinho. Don't sit too deep but keep the defenders under instruction not to stray out of position like what happened when we played Palace with Baines wasting a free kick then being nowhere to be seen as they attacked down the left.

Gueye doing his thing then ahead of him Rooney and Davies for a bit of creativity. Sigurdsson given a free role and DCL up top. See how it works, can we stifle them and still cause them problems in defence? Too defensively by us and we go a goal down and look like conceding again? Lennon, Lookman, Niasse, Vlasic on the bench as attacking options, Schneiderlin to sure up midfield or add an extra body there, and Jagielka rang Robles taking up the other two positions.

So much negativity in this thread. I'm expect a 4 nil win for Everton on the basis that we have a fair number of personnel who have beaten Liverpool in the last two seasons. In terms of managerial, Allardyce and Shakes both beaten Liverpool when they managed Crystal Palace and Leicester City respectively last season. Rooney, Keane, Sigurdsson, and Niasse have played in teams who've defeated Liverpool. With these experiences I won't be fearing Liverpool.

Also, it'll be interesting if there are any stats to show a link between Liverpool's African and Brazillian players with performances under a cold weather spell. Usually Everton tend to kick on from December.

I urge all Evertonians to show positivity.

Slightly off topic, but I’m here from Australia. Can anyone name a few pubs/venues Everton supporters will be gathered at tomorrow?

From my understanding be Winslow and the brick get a crowd on match day. Can anyone point me in the direction of some others and I will make my mind up from there?
Cheers

Stick to county road mate, the Brick or Oak. Swerve town as it will be crawling with vermin even though they're at home. None of them can get a ticket, see

So much negativity in this thread. I'm expect a 4 nil win for Everton on the basis that we have a fair number of personnel who have beaten Liverpool in the last two seasons. In terms of managerial, Allardyce and Shakes both beaten Liverpool when they managed Crystal Palace and Leicester City respectively last season. Rooney, Keane, Sigurdsson, and Niasse have played in teams who've defeated Liverpool. With these experiences I won't be fearing Liverpool.

Also, it'll be interesting if there are any stats to show a link between Liverpool's African and Brazillian players with performances under a cold weather spell. Usually Everton tend to kick on from December.

I urge all Evertonians to show positivity.

Its hard to be positive. They always seem to be fully operational and healthy when we face them. Then again we have Sammie Lee now.

Honestly the harsher the conditions the better it is for us. If this does get called off it'll be a midweek night game and we all know how they go

Status
Not open for further replies.