Living your own Everton dream..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario Terracotta

Player Valuation: £70m
I was best man last Saturday,nothing too odd about that you may think, the last time I was bestowed this dubious "honour" was just before the pandemic, my mate was marrying a girl from Berlin and their were a hundredish guests flown over from the fatherland,I did my speech in my "phonetic"German and then English,worryingly I got a rousing response from the visiting Germans than the English. Anyhow I was asked again to perform these duties,the wedding was due to be held April 2020,but with the pandemic was cancelled four times, anyhow it finally went ahead last Saturday,the venue?Gods own little acre Goodison Park!!the bride and groom both season ticket holders, me and the groom got a taxi from the Crowne Plaza about 10.45am,the service due to start at 11:30am,we get to the Main reception at Goodison,a few pictures, up to the deserted Brian Labone Lounge,my mate downstairs still sorting out the photographer,I check the exit doors to the directors box, open sesame,I'm out there in Goodison,not a sole around just me, down to Blue Bills seat, feet up, alone with my memories, all the games great and horrendous going through my mind all the way back to being five years of age in 1971,was getting a bit emotional at this point
:blush:
lol
, anyhow the tranquility was shattered as a couple of kopite "mates" appeared and I went back inside!!Service went great, reception in Alex Young Lounge,bride and Groom came in to the sirens' great moment!!Speech went well,I was given carte blanche by the groom to rip into the "neighbours"lolthe photographer then appears wants the bride and groom, maid of honour and me for photos pitchside:celebrate:through doors into the inner sanctum, tunnel,wow,imagining me actually going up those stars touching the crest and out on to the pitch, bad news for my mate @allezlesbleus his photo is not in the tunnel anymore,you'll be back allez;),photos in the dugout, right next to the pitch, then the manager media areas as we were leaving the photographer says stick your foot on the pitch, was just about to put my right foot down and hears,"nooooooo"an EFC official stopped me in my tracks, felt like a naughty kid, still not quite made the pitch!! been on most other clubs pitches with EFC over the years too, maybes just not to be:)The rest of the day went great, smashing day, anyone any other tales of "living the EFC dream"?:)

I was best man last Saturday,nothing too odd about that you may think, the last time I was bestowed this dubious "honour" was just before the pandemic, my mate was marrying a girl from Berlin and their were a hundredish guests flown over from the fatherland,I did my speech in my "phonetic"German and then English,worryingly I got a rousing response from the visiting Germans than the English. Anyhow I was asked again to perform these duties,the wedding was due to be held April 2020,but with the pandemic was cancelled four times, anyhow it finally went ahead last Saturday,the venue?Gods own little acre Goodison Park!!the bride and groom both season ticket holders, me and the groom got a taxi from the Crowne Plaza about 10.45am,the service due to start at 11:30am,we get to the Main reception at Goodison,a few pictures, up to the deserted Brian Labone Lounge,my mate downstairs still sorting out the photographer,I check the exit doors to the directors box, open sesame,I'm out there in Goodison,not a sole around just me, down to Blue Bills seat, feet up, alone with my memories, all the games great and horrendous going through my mind all the way back to being five years of age in 1971,was getting a bit emotional at this point
lol
, anyhow the tranquility was shattered as a couple of kopite "mates" appeared and I went back inside!!Service went great, reception in Alex Young Lounge,bride and Groom came in to the sirens' great moment!!Speech went well,I was given carte blanche by the groom to rip into the "neighbours"lolthe photographer then appears wants the bride and groom, maid of honour and me for photos pitchside:celebrate:through doors into the inner sanctum, tunnel,wow,imagining me actually going up those stars touching the crest and out on to the pitch, bad news for my mate @allezlesbleus his photo is not in the tunnel anymore,you'll be back allez;),photos in the dugout, right next to the pitch, then the manager media areas as we were leaving the photographer says stick your foot on the pitch, was just about to put my right foot down and hears,"nooooooo"an EFC official stopped me in my tracks, felt like a naughty kid, still not quite made the pitch!! been on most other clubs pitches with EFC over the years too, maybes just not to be:)The rest of the day went great, smashing day, anyone any other tales of "living the EFC dream"?:)
I’ve been on the pitch actually.

Madame Allezlesbleus and I bunked into the reception area at Feynoord after the pre-season friendly pretending to be assistants to a souvenir /scarf seller!! Asked Mario Been their captain which way was it to the changing rooms!! Got into the Everton changing room after the players had left their post match sarnies!! We had no more Dutch money left at that point and would not hit a country we had money for until the next day. Had spent last gilder on chips at lunchtime in McDonalds!! Filled our pockets with sarnies and skipped outside. Then out from medical area comes Colin Harvey and Pat Van Den Hauwe on crutches. Had a good chat with Harvey who later made good on his invite to watch them train at Bellfield!!
Young love, inter rail and following the Blues on pre-season tours!! What a combination haha!

lol
Service actually started 1230,not 1130!!

Madame Allezlesbleus and I bunked into the reception area at Feynoord after the pre-season friendly pretending to be assistants to a souvenir /scarf seller!! Asked Mario Been their captain which way was it to the changing rooms!! Got into the Everton changing room after the players had left their post match sarnies!! We had no more Dutch money left at that point and would not hit a country we had money for until the next day. Had spent last gilder on chips at lunchtime in McDonalds!! Filled our pockets with sarnies and skipped outside. Then out from medical area comes Colin Harvey and Pat Van Den Hauwe on crutches. Had a good chat with Harvey who later made good on his invite to watch them train at Bellfield!!
Young love, inter rail and following the Blues on pre-season tours!! What a combination haha!
Bloody typical allez mate ;) lol

lol
Not quite on such a grand scale as yours - but my daughter aged five and a half at the time was Toffee Girl! 1999 v Notts Forest, worst thing about the day was we lost, typical Everton! Everything else was fantastic, the club really made a fuss of her, they reckon she was the smallest Toffee Girl they had ever had.
Loads of photos, met the all players, met Walter Smith and Archie Knox. In the tunnel, up the steps, touched the sign, but had to lift her up to touch it! Round the ground chucking Everton Mints into the crowd, photos on the pitch before the game!
Great great day, and like you I lived the Everton dream albeit through my daughter the Toffee Girl ;)

lol
kinell fella, full stops and paragraphs are a thing you know!

In all seriousness, great story that.

lol
And it came to pass, that the Boss was told by the powers that be...HM Inspector of Factories...that somebody had to be officially certified to set up grinding wheels.
(If they're not properly balanced they can explode)
As me and the Teachers pet (company brown nose and the very worst sort of rs to boot) were on days we got to go
It was at the Blue Rooms in the Main Stand :celebrate: have that you rs gimp.
Come morning break I'm off for a wander about, followed by my company brown nose minder.
He was a smoker so it was follow me...me making it up as I go like I knew my way round.

Not too hard tbh, Goodison rd and the Winslow were out of the window to our right, therefore the pitch must be left.
Through here, down there, there we were, the director box.
So I sat in Bills seat feet up and supped my coffee, with the company rs sat next to me smoking his rolly.

Did I mention it was the day of the Luton F A Cup replay, the Steven up and under Lineker slots replay.
Postal applications with voucher only - I had no vocher...(I don't need no stinkin vouchers etc)
But it was announced that there would be 9 - 5 personal cash applications for the few remaining tickets Monday and Tues.

On with the lessons then Lunch - In the lounge with the 'kin players no less.
We were asked...told...not to pester the players, so I didnt.
We finished at well past the official 4.30 finish and everybody had to then hang around while they wrote out by hand our Certs.
Sod that...Jezza ( he being the rs brown nose) get mine for us will ya, I'm off to get some tickets before the Bullens office shut
And off I legged, round to the Bullens. Got there with minutes to spare. Got 4 tickets, one for me, one for Nana and 2 for the kids.
Then rush home pick them up, shoot over to the Nana's, pick her up, back to Walton, park at The usual spec at The Arthur.
Our ticket were Upper Bullen Gwladys St end and we had a perfect view of the goal
Busy day - Good result and sit in The Arthur, for restorative beers, while 'the trafic died down' as the excuse was then.

Last edited:

lol
What a nice story and a memory to hold dear forever, Dario! Thanks for sharing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.