Lone sriker ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
AJ right doesn't seem as confident as he should be. i can't recall if it was late in the 2nd half or in extra time, but at one point he seemed through on goal from the right, but rather than putting a shot on goal he tried to pass it in the middle to yak, who was in an offside position anyways. had he shot on goal that might have been the difference in the game.

players make decisions like that when they're not confident, even though fundementally we all know AJ is class. being pulled out before the shootout couldnt' have been good for his confidence ( i understand the move, but he's a striker, its his job to score, even if he's not one of our top 5 choices, i'd rather they pulled out one of the defenders), and not getting a game against fulham will probably be even more damaging, especially when he's coming off back to back scoring games (albeit odd deflection goals). i say give him a game if nothing else for that.

I think we could finally be past the days of having to play 4 5 1 to win games by safety means. It has been a bit more entertaining this season, i admit. However, we now have the players and cohesion to play 4 4 2. This has showed in the last few games when we have played 4 4 2 the team has looked more effective. Its looking like the Yak and AJ could be a great partnership so we should keep playing it against everyone except the "big 4" when we do need the extra body in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.