• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Looking for Eric - Channel 4 9 oclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was too young to see him lead us to title glory under Sgt Wilko but I was basically brought up being told that he was a traitor.

It was pretty bad as a child seeing him score all those goals for Man U, bringing them in trophy after trophy, with the knowledge that he was once Leeds. Similar circumstances to how Rio went on to become one of the best defenders in the world under Fergie.

In that respect I'm pleased Smithy lost that flair he had for us when he went to the other side. Maybe his heart just wasn't in it, him being a Leeds lad and all, and being forced to leave the club he'd grown up supporting for their biggest rivals.

Last edited:
I was too young to see him lead us to title glory under Sgt Wilko but I was basically brought up being told that he was a traitor.

It was pretty bad as a child seeing him score all those goals for Man U, bringing them in trophy after trophy, with the knowledge that he was once Leeds. Similar circumstances to how Rio went on to become one of the best defenders in the world under Fergie.

In that respect I'm pleased Smithy lost that flair he had for us when he went to the other side. Maybe his heart just wasn't in it, him being a Leeds lad and all, and being forced to leave the club he'd grown up supporting for their biggest rivals.

Imagine how it must have made Wednesday fans feel.

Chapman and Wallace were your main men up front that year, mate. Cantona was a bit part player who Ferguson got a lot more out of than Wilkinson ever did.

Strachan was the one who really led you to that title more than anything, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back