lowest Prem crowd in goodison history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

:p

Some examples:

Spurs 2001 29503
Chelsea 2001 30555
Southampton 2001 28138

Was going to use this as an example because I was there. 0 0 it was. And I distinctly remember the announcer announcing the attendance and I said to my dad that I thought that was low. I was obsessed with stadium capacity and attendances when I was young (still am).

Don't we already have a part in the lowest premier league attendece Vs Wimbledon?

Something ridiculous like 3500 ?

No idea what it is at Goodison though, must have been lower in the dark ages though.

Don't we already have a part in the lowest premier league attendece Vs Wimbledon?

Something ridiculous like 3500 ?

No idea what it is at Goodison though, must have been lower in the dark ages though.

No that was Sheff Wed v Wimbledon.

I remember it well. Haunted me as a kid. I just could not understand why there was no one there!

EDIT: No no, right you were. There was also a stupidly low attendance between Sheff Wed and Wimbledon though.

The day Kendall resigned in 1993 we played Southampton at home (think we won 2-1) and the attendance was about 15,000. Attendances in the 'teens' were quite common at Goodison in the early days of the Premier****.

You'd think we'd lost to Stoke at home playing sh*t football and gone to Arsenal admitting defeat before we'd got there or something wouldn't you!

I've probably worded it wrong but I meant that I read it was the lowest GP attendence we've had in the prem since its inception, not the lowest ever in the prem

prob due to a xmas shopping weekend and our gash football at the mo
west ham had 3 thousand more for the visit of barnsley , our fans are voting with there feet , the £5 mill loss at the end of each season ,will be nearer £10 mill this year ,hey but all you bill lovers hes doing his best ffs

Football is a form of entertainment.

Right now we're not entertaining in any capacity. Our play is awful and as someone else said, we're essentially playing out a season of friendlies as we're too good (*touch wood) to go down but too dreadful to accomplish anything. There is no reason to go to the match except to support the team out of a sense of blue pride. But as going to the match is very, very expensive you have to be either financially well off, bound by an already paid for season ticket or just a hardcore toffee masochist.

Status
Not open for further replies.