lowest Prem crowd in goodison history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
some shocking crowds in the 80's as well, even as Champions.
http://www.evertonresults.com/attendances.htm

[TABLE="class: border2, width: 760"]
[TR="bgcolor: white"]
[TD]Sun[/TD]
[TD]Feb[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]7[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]
[/TD]
[TD]LC SF:1[/TD]
[TD]H[/TD]
[TD]Arsenal[/TD]
[TD]L[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0[/TD]
[TD]
-
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]25,476
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
then last home game of the season
[TABLE="class: border2, width: 760"]
[TR="bgcolor: lightgrey"]
[TD]Sat[/TD]
[TD]May[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]7[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]Div 1[/TD]
[TD]H[/TD]
[TD]Arsenal[/TD]
[TD]L[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1[/TD]
[TD]
-
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]22,445[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]Watson D[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I remember fans being chuffed when we made 20,000 in 93. Kendall's last game had 13,000, many around then were 17,000. League Cup games were less. I remember Licoln being less than 10,000. Funny thing was the atmosphere was better. Unreserved seats were great. Howard Kendall's Blue White Army!

Attendances were sometimes bad in the 80s because it was pay on the gate and if it was too cold or rainy no one could be arsed going.

It's what RFUS said.

I remember fans being chuffed when we made 20,000 in 93. Kendall's last game had 13,000, many around then were 17,000. League Cup games were less. I remember Licoln being less than 10,000. Funny thing was the atmosphere was better. Unreserved seats were great. Howard Kendall's Blue White Army!
played lincoln over 2 legs am sure there was a bigger gate at lincoln then there was at goody park , bad ground that lincln **** hole

Watching on tv, didn't notice a small crowd. In fact, especially last 30 minutes, the crowd was clearly into it and louder than I've heard it in a Lon long time. Sad it was a small crowd, but bravo to those of you who did make it as it sounded incredible in the background of the broadcast.

Football is a form of entertainment.

Right now we're not entertaining in any capacity. Our play is awful and as someone else said, we're essentially playing out a season of friendlies as we're too good (*touch wood) to go down but too dreadful to accomplish anything. There is no reason to go to the match except to support the team out of a sense of blue pride. But as going to the match is very, very expensive you have to be either financially well off, bound by an already paid for season ticket or just a hardcore toffee masochist.

Guilty.........

But I missed the Stoke game, thank God and now looks like im gonna be missing Swansea on Wednesday.......

Ticket for sale, Everton vs Swansea, £200 or nearest offer.

Watching on tv, didn't notice a small crowd. In fact, especially last 30 minutes, the crowd was clearly into it and louder than I've heard it in a Lon long time. Sad it was a small crowd, but bravo to those of you who did make it as it sounded incredible in the background of the broadcast.

Everyone woke up when Denis came on and we started looking like we gave a damn. Just shows that if the players put the effort in then the crowd will respond.

Would you pay full whack at the cinema if half the cast weren't in it? Sell half the squad and they wonder why so many empty seats?

My first game v ipswich in 93 had 18,000 at it. John Ebrell hit the bar in the only incident of note. It finished 0-0. Riveting stuff.

I remember a 30ker back in 08 where Louis got his first goal. There were nowhere near that many empty seats in the park end though. Fulham brought 56 though to be fair. We counted them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back