2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be a very busy January...now that Mr "I dont do January's" has been binned.

Overall I'm in favour of a DOF model, which if I'm honest we havent really done. I'm doubtful it will get done, as I dont think Kenwright, Moshiri, DBB or the managers we have had want it. I mean, I'd bin them and build a club from scratch, and it is worth stating that as a caveat.

However, the big advantage if seemingly have a manager run things is you can have more ruthlessness in terms of buying and selling decisions. It's not one person buying, 1 selling, 1 coaching. I'm not sure those different views helped us and seemed to cause paralysis. What I hope, is the person managing the team will make some decisions, and perhaps have those conversations so that people can begin to leave.

Overall I think Brands was too cautious here. I do think he didnt get to do his job, but I also sense he was willing to bed in to the system around him. I'm hoping by taking some of the bureaucracy out, some decisions can be made.

You know what good managers do?

Play a system that allows their full-backs to get forward and helps them out when they have to defend.

not leave them one v one with wingers and have no players for them to link up with going the other way

just an idea, like

You know it's not the 90s anymore, right, people saying 'their first job is to defend'?
No mate. The master tactician has told us if it worked 15 years ago it’ll work now.

And even in that statement he lied, the RS were always for the taking from a set piece.

You know what good managers do?

Play a system that allows their full-backs to get forward and helps them out when they have to defend.

not leave them one v one with wingers and have no players for them to link up with going the other way

just an idea, like

You know it's not the 90s anymore, right, people saying 'their first job is to defend'?

But maybe the team isn't good enough to do that at present mate? so he's asked Digne to play a system that allows the likes of Doucoure/Gray/Townie more free reign going forward.

If the lad doesn't suit the system / isnt happy playing the way he is then a move away is ultimately best for both parties.

I think its gone a bit stale at the club for him regardless.

But maybe the team isn't good enough to do that at present mate? so he's asked Digne to play a system that allows the likes of Doucoure/Gray/Townie more free reign going forward.

If the lad doesn't suit the system / isnt happy playing the way he is then a move away is ultimately best for both parties.

It was stale for him long before Rafael arrived, people are just moaning about Lucas because we won on Monday so they need to find another outlet

Absolutely ridiculous that FSW has fell out with another player coupled with one of the worst runs in the clubs history that 'he' (no I couldnt keep a straight face) managed to end last match. Apart from the fact he has been consistently one of our best players since joining, he is our only left back. Has Mosh had a serious knock to the head backing this disease currently masquerading as manager

Everything is up in the air at the club at the moment. Digne being left out wont influence that. It didn't the other night v Arsenal.

No crisis should go unexploited. Benitez has used the one we've been through (and is hopefully behind us) to cut through a lot of dead wood.

He just wants to get to January and get another three in who are his players, then get to the summer and make the majority of the first teamers his players. He can work with a solid base of loyal players from there.
I for one can't wait for all the "prem" experienced players he brings in. (Sarcasm)

But it's not like the team has been good in playing that way has it?

And it's not about that, it's about shape. Playing two in midfield doesn't help us defend, because the team is too open, and the full-backs are isolated one v one, and it doesn't help us attack because there's no platform to build from.

He signed a new deal in Feb. He should have been out for 3 months last season but fought back to come back early. He actually is really settled here. He's not an issue, he's never been an issue at any of the clubs he's played at. Every single manager has always praised him.

Suddenly, he's an issue... Allan also called Benitez out btw, and another player who is key wasn't happy with how the team were getting set up.

Benitez picks fights.

EDIT: Not to say he's been good this year. He hasn't been. But managers are supposed to help players regain form when they're out of form. That's what good management is.

Status
Not open for further replies.