2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get 30m for him, that would be positive.

I dont know what has happened, and Digne has been a good signing for us but I sense some tough decisions are going to have to be made around sales. No inside information, just my own observation. If we can get 30m, it will allow us to get 2 or 3 in, in the Gray/Townsend type mould. We cant bank on getting money for the dross, so something has to give.

People will want big binary conclusions. Either the manager or player is bad. Maybe so, but I'd give some benefit of the doubt to each. Sometimes the best conclusion for all parties is a player moves on.

I happen to think, at present, Godfrey is a better fullback than centre back. He looks happier there to me. I dont think hes had a bad game at left back. I worry about him in the air, but I also know hes what, 23, which is young for a CB. A spell at fullback in a tight defence might help.

I'd go 4 cbs across the back 4 currently when Mina is fit. For me, Benitez should do full Benitez.

People will want big conclusions. To me this is a case of a player who has been a good servant, perhaps going for a good profit, to allow the club to bring some new players in.

What club is offering £30mil or even a reasonable offer for a player frozen out?

We will be lucky to get £23-25mil.

I'd keep Mina but he might go.
He has to be sold...we cant risk it.

Newcastle and Brighton both wanted him, but we'd have needed a replacement

Branthwaite.

Nkounkou looked alright to me last season and he's a year older and more experienced now. He's on loan somewhere, but can we
call him back in a hurry. It'd be better than spending in January when classy players don't usually move and why buy a journeyman?

Branthwaite looks as though he could do the job if not.

That's fine.

Don't drop the only left-back from the squad entirely.

Godfrey should have been sent off on Monday. Mina got injured. Who would genius Benitez had played at left-back then?

Delph? Has played left back.
Truth is digne has been getting called out on this forum for quite a while now. I think benitez has acted how many Everton fans have actualy posted about him.
Everton need to stop shipping goals. In my opinion dropping someone who hasnt looked arsed as the goals went in isnt the end of the world.

Sell, Mina, Pickford abs Digne for for 90mil or sell Richarlison or DCL. I know which one I’d prefer

My guesstimate is £23-25mil for Digne. Would have been more but no one is offering market price for a frozen out player.

Rumour is £17.1mil for Mina...so were on £40mil.

Beyond that possibly £20mil-25mil for Keane / Holgate and Kenny out on a free.

Lets call it an extremely conservative £60mil and £300k+ in wages

LB: ?? / Nkounkou
CB: ?? / Godfrey / Branthwaite / Welch
RB: ?? / Coleman

On the surface it seems very straightforward to do this in Jan/summer windows.

In reality that gives us a large number for room on top of the £60mil by FFP rules.

My guesstimate is £23-25mil for Digne. Would have been more but no one is offering market price for a frozen out player.

Rumour is £17.1mil for Mina...so were on £40mil.

Beyond that possibly £20mil-25mil for Keane / Holgate and Kenny out on a free.

Lets call it an extremely conservative £60mil and £300k+ in wages

LB: ?? / Nkounkou
CB: ?? / Godfrey / Branthwaite / Welch
RB: ?? / Coleman

On the surface it seems very straightforward to do this in Jan/summer windows.

Did you just sell our entire back line in one window except for Godfrey? And Coleman who should have retired years ago and a bunch of kids with about 4 games between them? Ffs

Digne has not been good for quite awhile now. Maybe it's the lack of competition that made him complacent but hopefully this is the motivation he needs to recapture his best form.

Nobody knows the exact situation or reason why he has been totally dropped so it's all speculation. Any other manager and the narrative will be different. You can even make an argument that Digne dropped = win. Because it is Benitez, it becomes another talking point against him. It is what it is.

At least the squad still seem to be united behind him which is more important than what people on a keyboard thinks based on the Arsenal game. Let's hope it continues tonight with another good performance against Crystal Palace.

Nkounkou looked alright to me last season and he's a year older and more experienced now. He's on loan somewhere, but can we
call him back in a hurry. It'd be better than spending in January when classy players don't usually move and why buy a journeyman?

Branthwaite looks as though he could do the job if not.
I don’t see much game time for Nkounkou under Benitez, he is even more of an attacking full back than Digne and, from the little we have seen of him, much more vulnerable defensively. The only thing in his favour, as a Benitez player, is his pace.

Sell Digne and Mina then playing hit and hope because our defenders can not deal with high pressing
and because DCL can win everything in the air
oh sell Allan too because he can not do everything on the pitch on his own lol

The rumour also 40 mil yes Allison/Edi/Kepa all over 70 mil and Spurs won’t pay 70

Can see Digne going. Tbf he not been ripping up trees the last 2 years
The thing is Them fee’s were pre covid. And Chelsea/city have to pay over the odds.

So we won’t get 70 for Pickford. If Digne’s not playing then surely he will push for a move and it would be stupid of us to have a 25mil player in the stands. He’s a French international and has good numbers from his previous seasons. I’m sure we will have a good few clubs sniffing around. We may not get top dollar, but I’d expect 25mil minimum

C167EA54-4097-4804-8E11-A7765F95947A.jpeg
He looked so sad on Friday night. Just wanted to give him a cuddle

Status
Not open for further replies.