2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard proves what a rodent he is. Was more than happy to trouser massive wages whilst with us for doing very little of note. The deification of Digne is puzzling, he uses phrases such as 'love affair' in his eloquent (PR team written) message but was certainly no legend in my book. Many more, less fashionable but loyal and solid players, are ahead of him in the queue for that accolade
The money is irrelevant. Any point gets lost as soon as it is mentioned. Top flight footballers get paid loads of money, it is unavoidable.

I don't think Bernard never tried etc, he just wasn't quite good enough. Why does Digne have to be a legend to love the club?

Well they are the players who need to go, not the better ones. We are just going to get downgrades in every position under the Benitez masterplan. We will go down inside the next 3 years unless there are big changes.
Given that the club clearly has to sell in order to buy then the Digne deal was one of the only options available at the moment. Davies is crocked. Tosun is another rat running down his contract like Barkley, the Icelandic one probably cannot be moved at the moment due to legal reasons and Iwobi is......well Iwobi. The only club foolish enough to buy Iwobi from Everton would be Everton :( .

FB_IMG_1642077040450.jpg

Here's the real post from Lucas...

Sad to see him go but his performance have dropped over the last 17 months. Not going to waste time on this cos tbh I want to see the back of most of the players who have let us down now for the last 3 seasons.

We will see how good he is at villa wont we

i think hes a good player but am not loosing any sleep or anything about it, if the shoe was on the other foot and we kept him till end of contract and was still putting out half assed games we would all moan about that aswell

The money is irrelevant. Any point gets lost as soon as it is mentioned. Top flight footballers get paid loads of money, it is unavoidable.

I don't think Bernard never tried etc, he just wasn't quite good enough. Why does Digne have to be a legend to love the club?
I don't think he did love the club, very few players do these days, irrespective of which club it is. As for the term 'legend', he and many others do not qualify for such an accolade.

Status
Not open for further replies.