2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernards comment on his post is also very telling

Clubs a mess from top to bottom. I can't see moral getting any better and we are going to be in a total dog fight to stay up these year.

It's hard to watch really. Literally nothing to look forward to regarding Everton.

Clubs a mess from top to bottom. I can't see moral getting any better and we are going to be in a total dog fight to stay up these year.

It's hard to watch really. Literally nothing to look forward to regarding Everton.

Is it though mate?

I mean, the fella was on an insane wage for a long time.

He refused to leave a few times, and was here about 10 minutes under Benitez.

The fan base have been screaming for a long time that the core of this squad are absolute wrong'uns and need giving the bum's rush.

Now I'm not necessary saying that's Digne, even if he did refuse to play for us against Chelsea - but I'm not going to start getting the violin out for Bernard.

One thing Benitez, and Ancelotti is absolutely spot on about is this team need a major shift in mentality.

Benitez just went one further with comments around wanting players who want to be here - something the fan base has been saying for a long time now.

When players say they love the club, it's more than just Saturday, Wednesday in front of fans. There are people who never get any mention behind the scenes that make working at Everton a good place to work. You get to know people and have affection for people, of course he can love the club.

Bernard really had nothing to do with Benitez.
He has to be referring to things before his departure.

He may well be right and this was at least part of the reason Benitez was appointed.

Is it though mate?

The fan base have been screaming for a long time that the core of this squad are absolute wrong'uns and need giving the bum's rush.

Now I'm not necessary saying that's Digne, even if he did refuse to play for us against Chelsea - but I'm not going to start getting the violin out for Bernard.

One thing Benitez, and Ancelotti is absolutely spot on about is this team need a major shift in mentality.

Benitez just went one further with comments around wanting players who want to be here - something the fan base has been saying for a long time now.
I'm just referring to the state of the club really, not Bernard specifically. There's clearly a huge lack of direction, no coherent goal and there is evidently an issue with Farhad Moshiri controlling everything whilst knowing nothing.

Bernard was a leech, on ridiculous wages to which he never performed to a level worthy.

Is it though mate?

To be fair, there's a difference between wanting to be here and wanting to be here under Benitez. There's certainly a difference going to Goodison to watch a match and going to Goodison to watch a match this year, it's horrible going there hoping you can scrape a point against the likes of Brighton and I was really looking forward to being allowed back in after last season.

Is it though mate?

Digne literally signed a new contract less than a year ago. He WANTED to be here. He was frozen out by a manager who doesn't like anyone saying his tactics are old, outdated and generally crap.

Bernard - Everton FC...

Gave him a lot of understanding and time off for his mental health issues
Paid him £100K pw for ten bob performances

...and he thinks it's the right thing to do to take pot shots at the club from afar.

This is the type of player culture that's buried us as a club.

Bollocks to him and his Hallmark Card writing mate Digne. And bollocks to that perenial no show James.

We are miles better off without their baggage. Players like those have bled this club dry to the point we fell foul of PFF and are now struggling to compete for players.

Anyone siding with them really need to look at themselves.

Is it though mate?

I mean, the fella was on an insane wage for a long time

Absolutely spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.