2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats true.
I just dont think this "they dont need him right now" is correct.
There is a reason imo they didnt come in for him.
He isnt good enough.
I don't think it's that not he's good enough personally i think it's more that he's not necessarily the best value left back they could get if they were particularly wanting to buy a left back. Its the same as us thinking that Kieran Trippier is a better right back than Coleman and probably than Patterson right now but that he isn't a good signing for the money etc most clubs are only going to spend that fee and wages on someone they really want not on someone they think is a bit better than what they have - only Everton do business that way.

We need to take stock of our behaviour, forget about Benitez for a minute and all the other things, Moshiri,Kenwright, our poor form. Many fans are lamenting Digne leaving, offering him best wishes etc etc. Man was taken from Barce reserves, handsomely paid for it, had the best spell of his career here, earned his French caps at Everton, left us the first chance he got, faked a sickness let's not forget at Chelsea....

Compare this fella to Seamus Coleman, stayed at Everton when at the height of his playing career when he could have joined the team he supported as a young lad (Man Utd) when Moyes was in charge, (Baines if he really wanted could have joined too).

No comparison.....
Do you think Seamus enjoyed playing under Koeman,Silva and Big Sam.... ?? Never a word of complaint because he wanted what was best for Everton not for Seamus Coleman....

You get the feeling dont you, with Digne and Bernard's comments, that there's been a poison in the squad that's needed to be drained.

Imagine getting back to a period when our players are scouted for character again and murderous in their refusal to let other clubs disappear with 3 easy points.

We need a stripped down and lean Everton; no "stars" who care more for their Instagram likes than winning matches. A proper team again filled with professionals with a professional attitude to football.

We need to take stock of our behaviour, forget about Benitez for a minute and all the other things, Moshiri,Kenwright, our poor form. Many fans are lamenting Digne leaving, offering him best wishes etc etc. Man was taken from Barce reserves, handsomely paid for it, had the best spell of his career here, earned his French caps at Everton, left us the first chance he got, faked a sickness let's not forget at Chelsea....

Compare this fella to Seamus Coleman, stayed at Everton when at the height of his playing career when he could have joined the team he supported as a young lad (Man Utd) when Moyes was in charge, (Baines if he really wanted could have joined too).

No comparison.....
Do you think Seamus enjoyed playing under Koeman,Silva and Big Sam.... ?? Never a word of complaint because he wanted what was best for Everton not for Seamus Coleman....
Spot on.

I don't think it's that not he's good enough personally i think it's more that he's not necessarily the best value left back they could get if they were particularly wanting to buy a left back. Its the same as us thinking that Kieran Trippier is a better right back than Coleman and probably than Patterson right now but that he isn't a good signing for the money etc most clubs are only going to spend that fee and wages on someone they really want not on someone they think is a bit better than what they have - only Everton do business that way.

I wouldnt disagree with that. Villa paid a price that i agree a lot of other clubs wouldnt pay.
But i wont rule out the quality aspect fully. In my opinion digne cant defend.
I think gerrard will use him a lot over the halfway line. He'll go positive. Benitez wanted negative.
Thats why i dont want benitez here.

Just out of curiosity. Is luke shaw a lot better than digne then? Who is the current regular left back at city? Are chelsea not short with chilwell being out long term.
Seems to me if a top quality left/wing back became available these clubs would be interested.
1. Probably not, but he's on big money and replacing him is not that simple, no pressing need to either
2. Cancelo ffs
3. Chelsea wanted a loan coz Chilwell back in the summer

No comparison.....
So, do we think, big big bust up, swearing, accusations, shouting or 'boss, I'm not happy with how I'm being played'? What does your gut tell you?

No comparison.....

Pretty much the camp that I sit in.

1. Probably not, but he's on big money and replacing him is not that simple, no pressing need to either
2. Cancelo ffs
3. Chelsea wanted a loan coz Chilwell back in the summer

How do you know chelsea wanted him? Nothing concrete ever came from chelsea saying they wanted him. Just gossip. The only two clubs who declared interest were newcastle and villa
I dont know why you are going ffs with cancelo. He isnt a natural left back. He has played right back a lot of his career.

Villa are on the Koeman-Brands journey. It's a good feeling we've been able to get in on their profligacy in the same way as the likes of Palace, Arsenal, Burnley did with us.

It feels good to be on the winning side of these deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.