Lukaku replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people seriously contemplating a Rooney return next season? Based on what? He is under contract

I think only CL qualification would give any chance whatsoever of that happening for next season. But realistically utd are certainly not gonna play nice even if he said he wanted off! Only chance IMO is if Rooney really wants it and states so to utd in the summer that he's gonna go for free the following year.

The fact (even tho he never admitted it) that it looks like he wanted to go Chelsea in the summer, which would of ment signing a 4/5 yr deal would kind of show he's not to fussed about a return here. If he signs another contract at utd or somewhere else he won't be good enough to return after it in 3-5 yrs time.

'KIN HELL, only took about 5 posts for Jelle Vossen to get mentioned, no, just, no.

Said in the 'Striker Shopping' thread; Michy Batshuayi

[video=youtube;_zk2Y5sfoh8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zk2Y5sfoh8[/video]

I think only CL qualification would give any chance whatsoever of that happening for next season. But realistically utd are certainly not gonna play nice even if he said he wanted off! Only chance IMO is if Rooney really wants it and states so to utd in the summer that he's gonna go for free the following year.

The fact (even tho he never admitted it) that it looks like he wanted to go Chelsea in the summer, which would of ment signing a 4/5 yr deal would kind of show he's not to fussed about a return here. If he signs another contract at utd or somewhere else he won't be good enough to return after it in 3-5 yrs time.

That and he drops his wages by 150K a week.

Dzeko has been a bit 'meh' for a while. I think a lot of people still don't recognise the seismic shift that is taking place... with EFC as a major tectonic plate. Great players want to play and express themselves. Everton is on the cusp of something...something beautiful. The cult of personality, of football manager ego (eg Jose)) is on the wane.

For me, I'd swap Jela for Berba. There I said it. There is no better holder of the ball than berbatov and he could bring the likes of delefeou, ross and mirallas into the last 3rd easily - one of lukakus only weaknesses imo. Berba is also guaranteed goals. Yes, he can look not arsed at times but I reckon he will be going to 1 of the top 7 clubs in Jan for as little as 5mil. Just think of the skills and decision making ross could learn off him! Not long term, but an improvement on Jelavic for the next couple of years.

I'd have to disagree there. The most refreshing thing about Martinez for me is that he likes technical playrs above 'grafters' and 'Jack of all trades'. I think he is exactly the type of player martinez likes (albeit with a slightly better work ethic prhaps) ;-) We will see, but I reckon who ever gets Berbatov in Jan will have gained a small advantage on the rest...

For me, I'd swap Jela for Berba. There I said it. There is no better holder of the ball than berbatov and he could bring the likes of delefeou, ross and mirallas into the last 3rd easily - one of lukakus only weaknesses imo. Berba is also guaranteed goals. Yes, he can look not arsed at times but I reckon he will be going to 1 of the top 7 clubs in Jan for as little as 5mil. Just think of the skills and decision making ross could learn off him! Not long term, but an improvement on Jelavic for the next couple of years.

not 100% against him but wouldn't pay 5mil for him at his age. 2mil max. We'd prob get a year or 2 out of him before he stops being arsed, by which time he'll be too old anyway.

He's 33 this season. He's scored 3 goals in 14 games.. he's on wages that would make him our highest paid player. And he's one of the laziest footballers in world football. He also doesn't have that many good games anymore. No thank you.

Not keen then!?! Whoever buys him in Jan will get an immediate positive impact. So, pray tell, who with <5mil would you buy that will make an instant impact to help take advantage of the current league standings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back