Lukaku replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine the abuse Berbatov would get at Goodison?

LOL

Ive yet to see a player run less, quality player on his day tho, just not an Everton player, EVER.

Hmmm, like Kone you mean? Look, I'm not desperate to see berba here, but when you think Chebes was 6 million... I'd like to see us keep what money we have and go all out for a top striker in the summer tbh. But we are short up top and we need someone who can make a difference.. not many of them about.

Kone was hit by an injury, that's totally out of Martinez's control, he's not Mystic Meg. The guy has played less than Oviedo played for us before this season (and similarly people were writing him off, look how that turned out).

Michu cost £2m. There's obviously options out there.

Lukaku isn't the answer for Chelsea, not now, not next season or the next season or 2 after that IMO. There's no doubting his goalscoring ability, strength and movement, it's his hold up play and touch at times that lets him down.

And with him only being 20, all that wont come good till later on in his career and with games, and he wont get that at Chelsea cos they want ready made, proven strikers!.

So what does he and Chelsea do, just keep loaning him out to get games and fine tune his game?. I cant see that tbh. I don't think he'd accept that.

I think if Chelsea sign a couple of top strikers for next season, Lukaku will ask to leave and could we afford him?. Doubt it, not even IF we qualified for CL IMO!. I think they'd want there money back or slightly more and can we afford to spend that on one player, even if we had the added riches of CL money?. I don't think so unfortunately!.

So you don't think he'll be the answer in four seasons. How can you possibly say that ? He's scored a s**t load of goals and he's only 20 ffs.

Lukaku isn't the answer for Chelsea, not now, not next season or the next season or 2 after that IMO. There's no doubting his goalscoring ability, strength and movement, it's his hold up play and touch at times that lets him down.

And with him only being 20, all that wont come good till later on in his career and with games, and he wont get that at Chelsea cos they want ready made, proven strikers!.

So what does he and Chelsea do, just keep loaning him out to get games and fine tune his game?. I cant see that tbh. I don't think he'd accept that.

I think if Chelsea sign a couple of top strikers for next season, Lukaku will ask to leave and could we afford him?. Doubt it, not even IF we qualified for CL IMO!. I think they'd want there money back or slightly more and can we afford to spend that on one player, even if we had the added riches of CL money?. I don't think so unfortunately!.

i agree, technically he has been a bit disappointing actually, and certainly a world a way in terms of what chelski would expect from their starters.

wasnt so obvious at west brom as they are full of ****e so his power and goals were all that stood out, but at everton we obviously have some technical quality and he does seem a little bit short in that category.

Last edited:
i agree, technically he has been a bit disappointing actually, and certainly a world a way in terms of what chelski would expect from their starters.
Yep agree with this, he would be such a good signing for us. Because we've watched the likes of Vic for 10 years, or even further back if we're being honest, we'd put up with the bad touches as he and Ross develop into our best attack for a generation. Chelsea on the other hand will want to buy a Falcao, they haven't got the patience to develop players.

Kakitani:

[video=youtube;vPok10DrJAQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPok10DrJAQ[/video]

Getting him before the World Cup would be wise, his popularity is going to surge this summer.

I watched the beast closely yesterday, the amount of runs he makes is unreal and we never EVER try and find him, no wonder he starts to get a pissed off, I notice at least 5 utterly superb runs he made off the shoulder of the last defender and countless others, when your running all over the place and your team mates ignore you its clearly gonna make a bit peed off.

I watched the beast closely yesterday, the amount of runs he makes is unreal and we never EVER try and find him, no wonder he starts to get a pissed off, I notice at least 5 utterly superb runs he made off the shoulder of the last defender and countless others, when your running all over the place and your team mates ignore you its clearly gonna make a bit peed off.

This.

People saying he had a bad game, but we never give him decent balls. Hate to say such a cliche, but we need a CM who can unlock defences and give him a pass to run onto.

His hold up play leaves a lot to be desired, but thats not his strength, he doesnt really like his back to goal, he likes to run at people and just beast them.

people who think he's not good, or crap. Or 'getting like victor' are quite frankly, morons. Our service to him is terrible and yet he's still scored 8 goals in 13 games.. He NEEDS the service.

This.

People saying he had a bad game, but we never give him decent balls. Hate to say such a cliche, but we need a CM who can unlock defences and give him a pass to run onto.

Imagine someone like Pjanic from Roma having a place in our squad. Literally the exact player Lukaku would thrive off. Hopefully Barkley can improve that in the next few months and even McCarthy as well. Just a shame we'll probably never see the Lukaku/Barkley partnership develop to it's full potential... at Everton anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back