Lukaku replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Arsenal gets Benzema and don't go for Benteke, I think he'd be a great target. Clearly wants out of Villa and is more inclined to move to a club possibly playing European football, while Lukaku is almost guaranteed that at Chelsea if he goes back. The other top 5 clubs all have world-class striker options, except Arsenal, who are the only ones rumored for a Benteke move, so if they get Benzema, Benteke is possible.

Lukaku is no where near the class of striker that Suarez, Rooney, Aguero are and at the price tag he has apparently been given he should be.

He is in none of those players league and never will be.

Last edited:
because you would be paying for the potential of having the best striker in the world. He's, what, 19? 20? Easily could be the best in the world in as little as 2-3 years.

Imagine someone like Pjanic from Roma having a place in our squad. Literally the exact player Lukaku would thrive off. Hopefully Barkley can improve that in the next few months and even McCarthy as well. Just a shame we'll probably never see the Lukaku/Barkley partnership develop to it's full potential... at Everton anyway.

agree this and a world class striker would bring us up to a constant top 4 team

because you would be paying for the potential of having the best striker in the world. He's, what, 19? 20? Easily could be the best in the world in as little as 2-3 years.

I don't see best in the world in him look at Suarez for the RS he doesn't need service he does it on his own same with Rooney and even Aguero to a lesser extent.

I watched the beast closely yesterday, the amount of runs he makes is unreal and we never EVER try and find him, no wonder he starts to get a pissed off, I notice at least 5 utterly superb runs he made off the shoulder of the last defender and countless others, when your running all over the place and your team mates ignore you its clearly gonna make a bit peed off.

This is the main reason why I'd be in favour of a move for Berbatov. Drop him in behind Lukaku and the chances will come.

Age would be my only concern. His workrate would improve when playing for a decent team again.

Soldado on loan?
Now he barely touch the ball inside the box, but I'm sure he would score for fun in our team.

This is the main reason why I'd be in favour of a move for Berbatov. Drop him in behind Lukaku and the chances will come.

Age would be my only concern. His workrate would improve when playing for a decent team again.

Did you watch him yesterday? He was a disgrace. If I was a Fulham supporter I would be furious. I wouldn't let him near our young squad.

Lukaku is no where near the class of striker that Suarez, Rooney, Aguero are and at the price tag he has apparently been given he should be.

Your an absolute whopper lad, ofc im sure you saw loads of suarez and aguero at 19 like to base such an opinion...

Did you watch him yesterday? He was a disgrace. If I was a Fulham supporter I would be furious. I wouldn't let him near our young squad.

As I said, his workrate will improve when he's somewhere he wants to be.

Yesterday reminded me of when I watched Yakubu's last game for Middlesbrough on Sky. He'd just put a transfer request in after they knocked back Everton's first offer and was an absolute disgrace. However, once he got his move everything suddenly changed for the better.

I doubt Martinez will go for Berbatov anyway.

When Drogba was 24-25 did he look like becoming one of the best strikers in Europe

There is no way you can know how a player will turn out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back