Lukaku replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku is no where near the class of striker that Suarez, Rooney, Aguero are and at the price tag he has apparently been given he should be.

He is in none of those players league and never will be.
Given time on the pitch to develop he looks like he'll be like Drogba but better imo.

I don't see best in the world in him look at Suarez for the RS he doesn't need service he does it on his own same with Rooney and even Aguero to a lesser extent.
they are £50m players, Lukaku's more like £15m with any luck

I think someone like - Alvaro Morata would be a great signing for us, prob cost us 12-15m with RM's negotiation skills

Boss player, think arsenal are after him though.

Few weeks ago i was saying make a cheeky bid for lorente at juventus, wasnt playing much, rumoured to be unsettled but all of a sudden hes main man.

Seen a bit of pelle at feyenoord, similar player to lukaku and is prolific, probably cost a fair bit though.
Like dzeko too but his wages are ridiculous

At least when Radzinski ran, he was indeed after a ball. It was passed 30 yards too far ahead of him, mind...but there was a ball there. I feel for Rom, the amount of through balls I've seen missed to him is criminal.

For all the positives this season mate, the one negative is that we don't have someone who can thread that ball on any consistent basis, i think all the other teams in contention do, IF we fixed that we would be a scary proposition this season

For all the positives this season mate, the one negative is that we don't have someone who can thread that ball on any consistent basis, i think all the other teams in contention do, IF we fixed that we would be a scary proposition this season

Against the ****e in the second half we managed to thread a few balls through and we looked lethal, hope we can do it more often, especially with the speed we have

I don't see best in the world in him look at Suarez for the RS he doesn't need service he does it on his own same with Rooney and even Aguero to a lesser extent.

Yeah and Suarez was nowhere near as good two seasons ago as he is now. In his first 45 games for Liverpool he only scored 15 goals. That alone proves how stupid it is to declare Lukaku will never be as good as him.

the massive positive out of this is its a little tweeking and and one two players max well make that huge leap forward where we will be turning them draws into win

2 goals this Season.

They can value him at 30m all they want.

I think in October Jenkins and Laudrup said that he had to be valued in a similar category to Soldado once he was capped by Spain. His scoring record this season does make him look like a flash in the pan but he's so intelligent that he'd link up our play perfectly, whether he was finishing things himself or not.

I think in October Jenkins and Laudrup said that he had to be valued in a similar category to Soldado once he was capped by Spain. His scoring record this season does make him look like a flash in the pan but he's so intelligent that he'd link up our play perfectly, whether he was finishing things himself or not.

Yeah im just gonna say it, hes not as good as people thought he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back