Lukaku to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea won't sell him to Spurs imo..or for that matter Arsenal/United et al. They may even put us in the bracket of rivals due to this season which could count us out. But if there are no offers from 'major' clubs abroad then I think we may have a chance for the right money.

Yes mate, all well 'down under'. I have missed your presence around these parts....welcome back!
Thanks, pal. I am happy to be able to contribute once more to the forum. Also yes Arsenal are a concern, they have the ability to stifle us, but I hope our blend of youthful excuberance and experience will be enough to overcome them. They'll know a draw is a terrible result for us, as will Roberto. Should be an exciting game for the neutral. I'd take one nil with a last minute Arteta own goal right now.

Thanks, pal. I am happy to be able to contribute once more to the forum. Also yes Arsenal are a concern, they have the ability to stifle us, but I hope our blend of youthful excuberance and experience will be enough to overcome them. They'll know a draw is a terrible result for us, as will Roberto. Should be an exciting game for the neutral. I'd take one nil with a last minute Arteta own goal right now.

Yes please.

Lukaku's agent Christophe Henrotay told Belgium newspaper Het Nieuwsblad: "I'm looking for a club for Romelu. And yes, I've talked to Daniel Levy once, but that doesn't mean Romelu will definitely join Spurs. That's not a talking point at this moment.

"There aren't 20 teams that can afford to buy Romelu. He won't go from Everton to, let's say, Swansea. There's also a difference between Everton that plays against relegation and an Everton that fights for European football.”

What does he mean by the last sentence?

Lukaku's agent Christophe Henrotay told Belgium newspaper Het Nieuwsblad: "I'm looking for a club for Romelu. And yes, I've talked to Daniel Levy once, but that doesn't mean Romelu will definitely join Spurs. That's not a talking point at this moment.

"There aren't 20 teams that can afford to buy Romelu. He won't go from Everton to, let's say, Swansea. There's also a difference between Everton that plays against relegation and an Everton that fights for European football.”

Does he mean that Lukaku is the difference between us finishing near the bottom of the league and near the top? Sounds like a mis-translation to me.

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20140402_01053058

Everton in poleposition om Lukaku

The Daily Mail picked up yesterday with the news that Chelsea 's Lukaku prepared for 20 million pounds ( 24 million euros) to Tottenham Hotspur to sell . A message that is according Lukaku 's manager Christophe Henrotay ' nonsense ' .

Henrotay is in talks with Tottenham , but he also maintains close ties with Lukaku 's current club Everton . The blue club from Liverpool would be delighted Belgians finally taking over Chelsea . And more importantly : Lukaku wants to stay at Everton

excuse the google translate but my dutch mate had a quick read over it and said thats what it says basically

Lukaku's agent Christophe Henrotay told Belgium newspaperHet Nieuwsblad: "I'm looking for a club for Romelu. And yes, I've talked to Daniel Levy once, but that doesn't mean Romelu will definitely join Spurs. That's not a talking point at this moment.

I think he’s talking Everton up saying they are fighting for European Football now, and they’d be interested, as opposed to in the past when 40 points seemed to be the first aim. I think it is also perhaps a nod to Martinez that Everton are an attractive club/side now for players.

It just shows how important European football of some kind is to promote the club, and show we are challenging for honours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back