Lukaku to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="Little Ralphy, post: 2621804, member: 14227"]I think he’s talking Everton up saying they are fighting for European Football now, and they’d be interested, as opposed to in the past when 40 points seemed to be the first aim. I think it is also perhaps a nod to Martinez that Everton are an attractive club/side now for players.

It just shows how important European football of some kind is to promote the club, and show we are challenging for honours.[/QUOTE]

You may well be onto something here, apparently Moyes was interested in Lukaku before he joined Chelsea. The times are a changing....

I very much doubt we could afford Lukaku's transfer fee and wages, unlike Spurs who spend and change managers for fun. Problem being as said before,european football

I very much doubt we could afford Lukaku's transfer fee and wages, unlike Spurs who spend and change managers for fun. Problem being as said before,european football

Definitely but as they say, money talks...was always going to depend on Chelsea & the player...Considering what they could get for him, can't see how he wouldn't be priced out of Everton's range

He'd be tough to replace, mainly for how well he plays that CF position rather than his goals, IMO...The will of the player, however, could make a difference

Obviously going to Spurs next season.....whenever we have our fixture there that is.

Oh and Osman and Hibberto to Real Madrid.. subs bench Champions League match.

Hopefully our supposedly good relationship with Lukaku's agent, and obviously with Lukaku himself we will be in pole position to sign him. He knows our squad, manager and style of play, and he knows he'll be first choice striker here.

We should be able to afford his wages, as Martinez has recently said we trimmed our permanent wage budget substantially last summer and in January, so with the TV money increase there should be room to manoeuvre.

As others have said, is CL football the be all and end all for him, or will us looking like we will be challenging over the next few years on a regular basis be enough. We look far more likely than Spurs this year, and we'll have a fairly settled team with a settled manager. Its unlikely Spurs will be in that boat this Summer.

IIRC Levy has already said Spurs won't be spunking loads more money this summer and that basically the new manager will have to work with what he's got?

Can't see him going to Spurs without CL football at any rate. Suppose London's a draw like but "Once Everton has touched you..."

"There's also a difference between Everton that plays against relegation and an Everton that fights for European football."

Dafuq does that mean?

"There's also a difference between Everton that plays against relegation and an Everton that fights for European football."

Dafuq does that mean?
It means, I think, that where Everton finish will shape the Belg's future and his decision. Us battling for Europe has made him and his agent think seriously about where they want to be. We aren't the Everton of old and being this high up the table is about where they want to be looking at, at least. That's what I read into it far too much as.

We should be able to afford his wages, as Martinez has recently said we trimmed our permanent wage budget substantially last summer and in January, so with the TV money increase there should be room to manoeuvre.

I think this point is often over looked. Martinez has got us playing better football, challenging for European honours, close to breaking our record Premiership points tally, and all the while made a profit in the tfr market and decreasing the wage bill.

It means, I think, that where Everton finish will shape the Belg's future and his decision. Us battling for Europe has made him and his agent think seriously about where they want to be. We aren't the Everton of old and being this high up the table is about where they want to be looking at, at least. That's what I read into it far too much as.

That and may want assurances that if he joins the team will strengthen further

That and may want assirances that if he joins the team will strengthen further
I think progress is the key word here. We will have made progress this season by the time it finishes, are we going to try and make more progress again next year? If so the lad will have a tough time picking between us and anybody else that is offering to buy him, at whatever price.

I think progress is the key word here. We will have made progress this season by the time it finishes, are we going to try and make more progress again next year? If so the lad will have a tough time picking between us and anybody else that is offering to buy him, at whatever price.

He wants to be the main man at a high level, we give him that wearas most wont give him a guaranteed clear run at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back