Lukaku to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look, a paper run by the Lebedev's, business pals with Levy, running a story about Everton's centre forward being in talks with Spurs when Everton are currently above Spurs in the league at a key stage in the season.

Why would such a thing happen?

Everton have not been battling relegation since Lukaku was a small boy.
We have been in Europe or just missing out over the last seven or eight years.
I think Lukaku and his agent are trying to up the ante for his services.
I don't think he is good enough to attract the attention of top European CL clubs.
I think that at a price of 18m-20m there will be a short queue for his services at present.

If Lukaku is to become the player he seems to already think he is then he needs to add a lot more guile to his play.At present he is a little too much battering ram for my liking .

I don't want to sound needlessly critical of Lukaku,I believe he will have scored at least fifteen league goals for us by the end of the season and has contributed in a big way to a very good season for us.
But,we are talking about a huge investment for EFCand this has to be for the right player.

At present I think Lukaku thinks he is a better player than he actually is and really it is only on
the training ground every day that the manager and coaching staff will see if the potential is there for Lukaku
to expand his game.

I discount a lot of what RM as he is usually hugely complimentary about everybody and everything. It is his actions that we can only judge him by.

So the choice is basically between a club which perennially underachieves and which might have a different manager by the start of next season; and a club which perennially overachieves, which the player appears to be happy at, and which has a consistent record of improving players and selling them to Champions League clubs.

Soldado is 5'10" and looks like a strong wind would blow him over. I take your point about coming alive in the box but I think we need someone physically more powerful as well and someone who offers a decent aerial threat. I think Bony or the guy in Russia would be better fits, younger than Soldado as well.

Jo or Wagner Love?

pretty sure i read levy said there would be no signings due to how much was wasted last summer.

suppose he only said it two days ago - easy to forget

In regards to the relegation bit, remember when he came here.

Start of the season. We had three points after three matches. Pundits had us picked in the mid-teens. Even Chicken Little's were running around GOT spamming "will 38 points be enough to keep us from being relegated?" nonsense.

Fast forward a fistful of months. Even after a rash of simultaneous injuries to our most creative/integral offensive sparks, we're in pole position from Europa League and have a shot, provided we continue playing superb football, at CL.

Perhaps both Romelu and his agent have noted what Everton have done this season. New, exciting manager on a team with exciting young players unleashed. Pounds for points we're the best team in the premiership. Everton isn't just a place to get playing time and experience, it's a destination. We're going places.

We're f'in boss.

Position hasn't really changed since the day we got him, except that he's maybe more likely to leave Chelsea now because of Mourinho's public comments. If he leaves Chelsea will be looking for £20m plus, there'll be plenty of other European clubs interested (most of whom can offer higher wages than us), and chances are that he'll look for a club who've qualified for the Champions League.

What is it with Tottenham? Bunch of no marks. If Rom has any sense, he'll avoid that shower like the plague regardless of whether or not he chooses to stay here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back