Lukaku V Kane and Barkley V Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku over Kane any day. Barkley and Alli is close, personally Ross has much more potential I think and is on good form, but so is Alli. As a neutral I'd take Alli, but Ross will become the better player I think.
This is correct.

When you look at the rest of the team that supports Kane, you have to wonder why he doesn't score more. Spurs have consistently enjoyed several seasons of great midfields. Rom would score more than Kane does with the likes of Dembele and Eriksen supplying him - he's comfortably better than Kane.

Barkley suffered in the latter two years of The Unmentionable One's reign, and this coincided the rise of Alli as a media jizz-fest favourite. I will be interested to see how the two of them both develop over the next 18 months

All four of them are great players - my personal opinion is that they all suit the club they are at. I wouldn't swap our two with the Spurs lads simply because I wouldn't want to see Ross or Rom playing for another Prem team..no matter who replaces them

This is correct.

When you look at the rest of the team that supports Kane, you have to wonder why he doesn't score more. Spurs have consistently enjoyed several seasons of great midfields. Rom would score more than Kane does with the likes of Dembele and Eriksen supplying him - he's comfortably better than Kane.

Barkley suffered in the latter two years of The Unmentionable One's reign, and this coincided the rise of Alli as a media jizz-fest favourite. I will be interested to see how the two of them both develop over the next 18 months
Kane's Premier League record is 21 in 34, 25 in 38 and 17 in 21 so far this season.

You'd have to think that Lukaku is as good as an Henry or a Shearer to say he's comfortably better.

Kane's Premier League record is 21 in 34, 25 in 38 and 17 in 21 so far this season.

You'd have to think that Lukaku is as good as an Henry or a Shearer to say he's comfortably better.
Rom's comparable stats:
10 in 36
18 in 37
17 in 25

In the first two seasons of the three we're looking at, Spurs had the better manager, better goalkeeper, better CB pair, and better midfield. In the current season the gap between Lukaku and Kane has reduced significantly... because we have upgraded our manager, our CB pair and our midfield. I would still give Spurs the edge at the GK and CB positions, and wide midfield, but suddenly Kane isn't far ahead in the goalscoring stakes. Because Lukaku is the better player.

Rom's comparable stats:
10 in 36
18 in 37
17 in 25

In the first two seasons of the three we're looking at, Spurs had the better manager, better goalkeeper, better CB pair, and better midfield. In the current season the gap between Lukaku and Kane has reduced significantly... because we have upgraded our manager, our CB pair and our midfield. I would still give Spurs the edge at the GK and CB positions, and wide midfield, but suddenly Kane isn't far ahead in the goalscoring stakes. Because Lukaku is the better player.
By that Logic, Defoe is the best striker in the league.

Barkley is leagues ahead of Alli in every department except heading and runs into the box. Alli is hugely overrated and needs to up his game massively to fulfil the potential. Even Spurs fans aren't too bothered about him.

Kane/Lukaku is much of a muchness. Very different players with different attributes but worth noting Kane gets about 6 penalties a season to increase his goals

This is a great topic, credit to the OP. For me Alli and Kane have shown more consistency this season, all four are cracking players but on their day I would say Lukaku over Kane and Alli over Barkley, close though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back